• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rbtreasures

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2015
    State has a public Lands permit with property all over the state permit is cheep and comes with a map

Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    There's a small section of Corp engineer property at the 36 - 317 intersection. It's on the north west corner.

Shotgun only. Good creek shooting. You'll have to step on rocks to past the creek. Expect your boots to get wet to access the larger part of the parcel of Fed property. If you shoot a shotgun rapid, expect Temple PD to show up and ask stupid questions. Point to the Corp of engineers sign and think to yourself, STFU and go away. It's federal property arsehole. If you go under the bridge on 36, that's not fed property. They will and do call the law. It's private. You'll notice a cut out that looks like a rock quarry on the south side of the first bridge on west bound 36 not far after the intersection. Stay out of there. That's.....under and the other side of the bridge. No go there, I'm serious.

There's another farther down on hwy36 by owl creek park. You'll see it on the left side the road by a big corner. I'd say about 2 miles down from the turn off from 36.

Then a huge one on the west side of the, The Grove. Take a left going west bound on 36 at Saint Paul's Luthren church. Head back till the payment stops and it's dirt. If I give anymore directions...you'd get lost. It's a maze of dirt roads. There's an entrance to the property that will need a truck to navigate. The property is west of McGregor park, across the lake, as the crow flies.

All shotgun only(or bow). Bird shot only. No buck or slugs.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom