• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Are they LEO/Military only or will they work with good ball civilians?
    Civilians are a BIG part of their business. I don't remember for certain but, I think they have a Veteran discount. You'll need to verify, if that's applicable for you.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Anybody know of a "local" shop in or around Plano that has plate carriers on the shelf?
    5 11 store outside stonbrire mall should have some. As well as rifle gear in the colony. Scheels in the colony has a decent 5 11 selection as well.

mogobodo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2022
    Dallas
    Anybody know of a "local" shop in or around Plano that has plate carriers on the shelf?
    Everyone can buy stuff from there. The store caters toward police, and most of the gear is centered toward them, however they do have 511 plate carriers though, don't remember if theirs much else. General merch and ammo is discounted on Mondays for military and LEO. I think the only carriers they have are 511, which are a bit expensive for what they are. Have you worn armor before? Just make sure you watch a few videos on how it is supposed to fit before you buy, as the counter people may or may not have a clue, and i've seen them recommend a carrier that is too big or too small. But if i'm not mistaken the 511 tac tec is one size fits all....

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Heard a conversation of guys talking about those. The only takeaway was buy a carrier with wide comfortable straps. Apparently the weight can get uncomfortable on the shoulders.

But I have zero personal experience with them.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    T.Rex Arms and Grand Thumb have good videos on plate carriers and how to set them up.

Unless you are wanting one to live out of, I suggest a minimalist carrier.
    I use my carrier for work and have to literally wore it all this week and it was super comfy.

I have a LBT6094
    -ESAPI front rear and 6x8 side plates (dont have the side plates in right now)
    - Lvl IIIa cummerbund soft armor
    - 3-mag insert into the kangaroo pouch that will work with 7.62 or 5.56 mags
    - Small admin pouch left side for batteries, etc
    -smaller admin pocket on right side for pens and notepads
    - Leatherman pouch right side
    - Juggernaut EUD mounted top center
    - 1.5l camelbak carrier from Ferro or Haley? on the back
    - dangler up front for small tools, snacks, gadgets that let me refill the camelbak through the hose (super handy), lens wipes etc

Med etc is on my belt. I want to be able to put on my belt and go fight, I want my armor set up to support that. My chest rig is set up about the same minus the armor and admin pouches. It just carries mags...

You have to think about your mission. Don't just buy stuff and put it on your carrier because it seems cool and you have space. Practice in it. I get to use mine for work and have done run & gun matches in mine. I know it works and stuff doesn't rattle or fall out. Don't worry about what folks think, get out and go for a trail run in it.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Kayt00

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    North DFW
    T.Rex Arms and Grand Thumb have good videos on plate carriers and how to set them up.

Unless you are wanting one to live out of, I suggest a minimalist carrier.
    I use my carrier for work and have to literally wore it all this week and it was super comfy.

I have a LBT6094
    -ESAPI front rear and 6x8 side plates (dont have the side plates in right now)
    - Lvl IIIa cummerbund soft armor
    - 3-mag insert into the kangaroo pouch that will work with 7.62 or 5.56 mags
    - Small admin pouch left side for batteries, etc
    -smaller admin pocket on right side for pens and notepads
    - Leatherman pouch right side
    - Juggernaut EUD mounted top center
    - 1.5l camelbak carrier from Ferro or Haley? on the back
    - dangler up front for small tools, snacks, gadgets that let me refill the camelbak through the hose (super handy), lens wipes etc

Med etc is on my belt. I want to be able to put on my belt and go fight, I want my armor set up to support that. My chest rig is set up about the same minus the armor and admin pouches. It just carries mags...

You have to think about your mission. Don't just buy stuff and put it on your carrier because it seems cool and you have space. Practice in it. I get to use mine for work and have done run & gun matches in mine. I know it works and stuff doesn't rattle or fall out. Don't worry about what folks think, get out and go for a trail run in it.

Mainly wanting it to bump up my workout game but also maybe some larping in the woods.

I ended up just buying a TacTec, it'll do the job. I popped some 8.75 lb wolf tactical weight plates in it and so far so good.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Mainly wanting it to bump up my workout game but also maybe some larping in the woods.

I ended up just buying a TacTec, it'll do the job. I popped some 8.75 lb wolf tactical weight plates in it and so far so good.
    Buy once, cry once.

If your JUST wanting a weight/larp vest T.Rex or CRYE have some pretty slimmed down carriers that would do for 90% of folks. Nothing touches the LBT 6094 for long term loaded down comfort, but a slick carrier would be handy for hour-at-a-time wear...

Top Bottom