• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Howdy,

Long time lurker first time poster, well second post.
    I'm from Dallas and just heard about this show so I thought I'd share it with you'll as my introductory post.

Look who's packing
    Lock N Load
    A surprising look inside an American gun shop.
    Link

"LOCK 'N LOAD is a six-part reality series offering viewers a fly on the wall experience at "The Shootist" gun store in Englewood, Colorado. Salesman Josh T. Ryan is always in full-on pitch mode and for every gun sold by this expert gunslinger at this family-owned store, there's a fascinating story and a fascinating buyer.

LOCK 'N LOAD doesn't take sides or argue a political perspective. Instead, viewers on both sides of the issue will be able to watch Ryan, a born salesman, wield his patented quick-draw humor and inherent likeability in each exchange, making jokes and big-ticket deals over the blasts echoing from the firing range down below. And all is done before hidden cameras which will only be revealed after the transaction is completed in order to insure a particularly candid and compelling point of view. America is and will probably always be fascinated with the gun culture in our country and this show will help to explain why."

While I hate anything that has to do with reality shows this might be interesting and definitely right up our ally.

Good day!

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for posting that, and welcome to the site! Wow, that tv series actually looks like it's going to be a positive one and put guns in a positive light. I'll remain speculative until I see it, however it looks good so far. THIS is what we've really been needing.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    They need some competent writers and researchers. Saw the episode on automatic weapons. In the segment on the French Chauchat automatic rifle issued to US troops in France in 1917, they identified the caliber (8x50 Lebel) as the "8.5 Labelle". Mistakes that I know about make me wonder how much stuff is wrong that I don't know about.

texet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    any idea when this series starts? there is no schedule on the website

I have no idea It just says coming soon.
    Did you watch the two promo videos?

"Guns! How do they make you feel?
    "Guns, and the people who buy them"​

Thanks for posting that, and welcome to the site! Wow, that tv series actually looks like it's going to be a positive one and put guns in a positive light. I'll remain speculative until I see it, however it looks good so far. THIS is what we've really been needing.

Your welcome and glad to be here.
    I have to agree with you looks good so far, but will hold my judgment until I watch the show.

They need some competent writers and researchers. Saw the episode on automatic weapons. In the segment on the French Chauchat automatic rifle issued to US troops in France in 1917, they identified the caliber (8x50 Lebel) as the "8.5 Labelle". Mistakes that I know about make me wonder how much stuff is wrong that I don't know about.

Oddly enough there is another show called Lock 'N Load with R. Lee Ermey by the History channel which is probably the show your talking about.
    It's being discussed in this thread.

texet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Update

Looks like we have a new video and a premier date.

Behind the Scenes: Lock 'N Load Season 1

Welcome to a new hidden-camera Showtime reality series about guns and the people who buy them.
    Premieres Wednesday October 21 at 8PM ET/PT.

The new video was interesting and this show will definitely be added to the dvr rotation.

texet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    thanks for the update

No problemo.

I just can't stop watching the video some of the parts are just hilarious (happy valentines mofo) and other parts are just down right scary (the chick with the kid waiving around the pistol).

Looks like this show will have a bit of everything.

texet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Update

Lock N Load
    Homepage

Look who's packing. What you see may surprise you. Introducing LOCK 'N LOAD, the provocative new SHOWTIME reality series that goes inside Josh T. Ryan's Colorado gun shop to scope out who's buying and why. From teenage girls bonding with dad to avid weapon collectors, from seasoned police officers to hunting enthusiasts, every customer has a story.

Series Schedule

EPISODE SCHEDULE Available in HD
    DATE & TIME EPISODE CHANNEL
    Wed 10/21 08:00PM Season 1: The Widowmaker Showtime
    Wed 10/21 08:30PM Season 1: The Widowmaker Showtime
    Wed 10/21 12:30AM Season 1: The Widowmaker Showtime
    Fri 10/23 02:00AM Season 1: The Widowmaker Showtime
    Sun 10/25 12:00AM Season 1: The Widowmaker Showtime
    Wed 10/28 08:00PM Season 1: The Rockers Showtime
    Wed 10/28 08:30PM Season 1: The Widowmaker Showtime
    Wed 10/28 12:30AM Season 1: The Rockers Showtime
    Fri 10/30 12:00AM Season 1: The Rockers Showtime
    Sun 11/01 12:00AM Season 1: The Rockers Showtime

ON DEMAND
    EPISODE START END
    The Widowmaker 10/22/09 - 01/05/10
    The Rockers 10/29/09 - 01/05/10
    Granny's Got a Gun 11/05/09 - 01/05/10
    Don't Shoot for Me Argentina 11/12/09 - 01/05/10
    Robbed 11/19/09 - 01/05/10
    License to Conceal 11/26/09 - 01/05/10

Advance Screening

Introducing LOCK 'N LOAD™, the provocative new Showtime reality series that goes inside Josh T. Ryan's Colorado gun shop to scope out who's buying and why. Get an advanced sneak peek of the first two episodes of Lock 'N Load™ on Oct. 20th at 7:30PM. Click here for more details and tickets!

Seats are limited, first come first serve. 18 and older please.

Theatre Locations
    2. Dallas Landmark Magnolia 3699 McKinney Ave., Ste. 100

Sorry Houston, San Antonio, Austin and the rest of Texas you gets none.
    Looks like you have to sign up at gofobo.com to get spammed of course.
    I just signed up, and it gives you an option to print one or two screening passes, one for you and one for a guest.

Fair warning disclaimer on the pass says "Please note: Arrive early! Seating is first-come, first server, except for members of the reviewing press. This ticket does not guarantee you a seat! Theater is overbooked to ensure a full house. Theater is not responsible for overbooking. Blah blah blah...

Enjoy!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Just a thought here but there are some stupid people that hang around gun stores and buy guns. I'm not sure that a lady pointing a gun at everyone in the room including the baby in her arms is necessarily good publicity.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Just a thought here but there are some stupid people that hang around gun stores and buy guns. I'm not sure that a lady pointing a gun at everyone in the room including the baby in her arms is necessarily good publicity.

ain't that the truth. Yesterday i went to the shop to look around and had some schmuck looking at a .38 J-frame with laser sight. Even the guy selling it to him was talking about knock down power, 2 in the gun, 1 in the head. The customer was saying how he would never consider buying anything but a revolver because Semi Auto's aren't dependable, yada yada yada... and of course the d-bag salesman was in total agreement because he wanted to make the sale.

just hear this and it makes me want to scream. Hope this show doesn't include too many of these idiots.

JOe

Top Bottom