Lock N Load Reality Series

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by texet, Aug 8, 2009.

1. texet

texet New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Howdy,

Long time lurker first time poster, well second post.
    I'm from Dallas and just heard about this show so I thought I'd share it with you'll as my introductory post.

Look who's packing
    Lock N Load
    A surprising look inside an American gun shop.
    Link

"LOCK 'N LOAD is a six-part reality series offering viewers a fly on the wall experience at "The Shootist" gun store in Englewood, Colorado. Salesman Josh T. Ryan is always in full-on pitch mode and for every gun sold by this expert gunslinger at this family-owned store, there's a fascinating story and a fascinating buyer.

LOCK 'N LOAD doesn't take sides or argue a political perspective. Instead, viewers on both sides of the issue will be able to watch Ryan, a born salesman, wield his patented quick-draw humor and inherent likeability in each exchange, making jokes and big-ticket deals over the blasts echoing from the firing range down below. And all is done before hidden cameras which will only be revealed after the transaction is completed in order to insure a particularly candid and compelling point of view. America is and will probably always be fascinated with the gun culture in our country and this show will help to explain why."

While I hate anything that has to do with reality shows this might be interesting and definitely right up our ally.

Good day! :texas:

2. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009
    any idea when this series starts? there is no schedule on the website

3. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    I bet it will be impartial and non politcal as "If I only had a gun"

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for posting that, and welcome to the site! Wow, that tv series actually looks like it's going to be a positive one and put guns in a positive light. I'll remain speculative until I see it, however it looks good so far. THIS is what we've really been needing.

5. Charley

Charley Active Member

Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    They need some competent writers and researchers. Saw the episode on automatic weapons. In the segment on the French Chauchat automatic rifle issued to US troops in France in 1917, they identified the caliber (8x50 Lebel) as the "8.5 Labelle". Mistakes that I know about make me wonder how much stuff is wrong that I don't know about.

6. texet

texet New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I have no idea It just says coming soon.
    Did you watch the two promo videos?

"Guns! How do they make you feel?
    "Guns, and the people who buy them"​

Your welcome and glad to be here.
    I have to agree with you looks good so far, but will hold my judgment until I watch the show.

Oddly enough there is another show called Lock 'N Load with R. Lee Ermey by the History channel which is probably the show your talking about.
    It's being discussed in this thread.

7. bno762

bno762 New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Rowlett
    I will be setting my dvr for that!

8. texet

texet New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Update

Looks like we have a new video and a premier date.

Behind the Scenes: Lock 'N Load Season 1

Welcome to a new hidden-camera Showtime reality series about guns and the people who buy them.
    Premieres Wednesday October 21 at 8PM ET/PT.

The new video was interesting and this show will definitely be added to the dvr rotation.

:texas:

9. Maxpower

Maxpower Active Member

May 26, 2009

thanks for the update:happy0001:

10. texet

texet New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    No problemo.

I just can't stop watching the video some of the parts are just hilarious (happy valentines mofo) and other parts are just down right scary (the chick with the kid waiving around the pistol).

Looks like this show will have a bit of everything.