• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well I expect a complete and total review on my desk by 0900. LOL! For real tho there are po boys that don't have cable tv and I'd like the hear about it.
    Lynx Defense

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    It was good... Actually pretty darn good. Overall positive. Nice guy, almost too nice and kinda hokie...

People not portrayed too badly.. but their nto showing doctors either. The Pastor was the best defense for "were all good people" of the show. There were 2 total goons though. The host commented on the noise asking "you shooting a .44 mag down there?" and he replied yes... my wife got it for me... so you think it was going to be good?... then the idiot customer says "You know the quickest way to a womens heart? A Scalpel right through the chest" and he did the motion for it... right when i saw that i was just like "CRAP"... what an idiot... Thanks for putting that on there lol.

Saw different reasons why people bought guns and honest real reasons, Scary part of town to work in, Someone banging on her door alone at home, for fun, the pastor to protect his family/flock. Lady who hustles him into some trap and beats him who is in a womens league.

Good show. I'll keep watching.

JOe

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    you have the internet, download SKYPE and i'll put my laptop in front of my TV for ya

JOe
    I don't know what that is but my wife should. LOL I'm glad it wasn't to bad and that guy with the comment about a woman's heart needs to be drug out back and shot in the groin so he can't reproduce. But at least they're mostly good people. Did the stupid guy buy a gun?
    And thanks for the report.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    So how'd this show go? We don't get Showtime

It was pretty good. It's supposed to be unrehearsed, but some of the stuff looks like it might have been planned out. The store clerk guy at least, knew for sure he was being recorded, so there was a little extra "acting" there. But I think for the most part it was true to the concept because several of the people wandering around had their faces "fuzzed" out.

No Showtime? Wow, they've got some of the best series on TV.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I don't know what that is but my wife should. LOL I'm glad it wasn't to bad and that guy with the comment about a woman's heart needs to be drug out back and shot in the groin so he can't reproduce. But at least they're mostly good people. Did the stupid guy buy a gun?
    And thanks for the report.

Stupid guy didn't buy, he already had it...

his friend wasn't bad but he was, im actually watching it right now again and the clerk asks "How do you get your wife to buy your a gun? mine never buys me a gun for holidays".. and he responds you just gotta keep them happy.

Clerk asks, what did you get her? and he says what year? and then idiot says "Bullet proof vest" and pretends to draw and says "look honey, now we can play together"

i ws just pulling my hair out.. lol...

JOe

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    It was pretty good. It's supposed to be unrehearsed, but some of the stuff looks like it might have been planned out. The store clerk guy at least, knew for sure he was being recorded, so there was a little extra "acting" there. But I think for the most part it was true to the concept because several of the people wandering around had their faces "fuzzed" out.

No Showtime? Wow, they've got some of the best series on TV.

Sweet thanks. Yeah, we went with a pretty bare bones FioS package since we were getting Netflix and we got use to not needing channels from living overseas and living off of AFN for 3 years. We figured all those premium movie channels were just reruns we'd end up paying for and not needing.

I am glad to see the preacher going in there. I like that 'good people' are shown because the image that is pushed for gun owners is "bad people" - and that simply isn't true.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Sweet thanks. Yeah, we went with a pretty bare bones FioS package since we were getting Netflix and we got use to not needing channels from living overseas and living off of AFN for 3 years. We figured all those premium movie channels were just reruns we'd end up paying for and not needing.

Other than the "Office" and sports, there's not a network TV show I watch on a regular basis. But HBO and Show time have some really good shows. Dexter, Brotherhood, Weed, Califorincation, Curb, Penn & Teller BS, Nurse Jackie, show time boxing, Inside the NFL, Strike Force, Entourage, Big Love, Hung, True Blood, Flight of the Conchords and on and on. Movies.. meh,.. they are mostly a year old or so, but if you haven't seen one than it's good. But they will play it over and over for a couple of months. The $12-15 a month is worth it I think just for the great series.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I'M 50/50 it. I was really looking forward to it, and I had just come home from shoulder surgery. I'll watch it again before I judge, too hard to type with one hand an two 7.5 hydros.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'M 50/50 it. I was really looking forward to it, and I had just come home from shoulder surgery. I'll watch it again before I judge, too hard to type with one hand an two 7.5 hydros.

I like it... I think its pretty legit on what goes on in a gun shop... anything else would be fluffy lies.

I am sick of the host talking about the rack of a shotgun being the end all of situations and how you don't even need to aim with them... just point them in the general facility.

Grandma is a badass!... and if that was un-altered she can shoot sure hope it was real ....

overall im very happy with it. Having worked at a range/shop for a few years it is pretty equal with what i saw on a daily basis

JOe

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I like it...

Grandma is a badass!... and if that was un-altered she can shoot sure hope it was real ....

JOe

I don't believe that one. If you go back and watch it again, she's shooing one handed, and the gun is moving all over the place while she holds on target. The guy was shooting two handed, and seemed to have good form. His target, at what looked like 7 yards, was about 12-14" group. I've seen first time shooters do better than that. Granny on the other hand, with a very unsteady hold, had a 1 " group.

I'm starting to get a funny feaeing about that show. It almost seems like they are mocking gun owners. If a non gun person watched that, they would think gun owners are a bunch of kooks.

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    I'm going to watch the whole series, but so far I'm not impressed. As others have mentioned, the host is kind of a jerk and his advice seems to be really off in most cases; he's not the guy I'd want waiting on me if I was a new shooter. It is fun to hear some of the questions from shoppers ...

Top Bottom