• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    I was arrested by a TABC officer for having a pistol in my car in a bar parking lot. The parking lot is NOT the premises, but I spent a night in jail because of his lack of knowledge of the law. If a law enforcement officer can't get it right, it would be hard to expect a store keeper to know, especially one who hails from a foreign country.
    Hurley's Gold

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Because it's always a good assumption that the general public doesn't know how anything works if it's not their direct area of expertise. As H.L. Mencken wrote: "No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."

My point is, it is the OP who had no idea. Had the OP researched, he would have learned that the person was correct. ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    At that time in the thread, he never said he was the property owner, just some "guy"...

And I still wouldn't trust just a verbal consent notification when there are 30.06 and 30.07 present, what if something happens to the owner and all that is left are the signs and the fact that he was carrying in the store? I'd get something in writing if the owner is willing to make an exception.

"There is a convenience store in Lockhart just as you enter town, coming from Austin. He recently put up both 30-06 and 30-07 signs and they are behind dark front window screens on front of the store. At the main entrance is a black on white sign, very easily visible, that says "unlicensed carry on these premises is punishable by blah,blah ba, etc.". I've asked the guy to remove the 30-06 sign but he refused and told me I could carry there anytime since he knows me"

My reading comprehension and ability to infer from context told me who "the guy" was.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I was arrested by a TABC officer for having a pistol in my car in a bar parking lot. The parking lot is NOT the premises, but I spent a night in jail because of his lack of knowledge of the law. If a law enforcement officer can't get it right, it would be hard to expect a store keeper to know, especially one who hails from a foreign country.

Please tell us more about that! What lead to the contact, how did the TABC officer end up searching your car, and what led to you getting released. Did you take any civil action of file a complaint of any kind?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

I watched a beat to shit chevy cavalier with red and blue grill lights pull a starsky and hutch power slide stop on campus and two overweight plain clothes tabc officers jump out with their badges on dog tag chains around their neck and scream "stop!!! TABC!!" To a group of college students walking down the sidewalk with bags of just purchased beer/alcohol.

Everyone of them were over 21. One guy had an out of stare ID and the TABCster threatened to cite him for not having a Texas DL( telling him that after 30 days ,blah,blah) kid calmly explained( and said it slowly) that he was not a Texas resident,but a full time student. Tweedle dum appeared to go back to his vehicle and phoned a friend( guessing a supervisor) and came back and let everyone go.

Do we really need "beer cops"?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I watched a beat to shit chevy cavalier with red and blue grill lights pull a starsky and hutch power slide stop on campus and two overweight plain clothes tabc officers jump out with their badges on dog tag chains around their neck and scream "stop!!! TABC!!" To a group of college students walking down the sidewalk with bags of just purchased beer/alcohol.

Everyone of them were over 21. One guy had an out of stare ID and the TABCster threatened to cite him for not having a Texas DL( telling him that after 30 days ,blah,blah) kid calmly explained( and said it slowly) that he was not a Texas resident,but a full time student. Tweedle dum appeared to go back to his vehicle and phoned a friend( guessing a supervisor) and came back and let everyone go.

Do we really need "beer cops"?

I snickered.....

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Every TABC officer I've ever met was an asshole in the extreme. The one who arrested me, a certain Jack King, had to be the dumbest asshole I've ever met!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh....I've met a couple of Knucklead TABC agents, but I know a bunch of real sharp and nice ones.

I have known a couple who were not tools as well. They got out and into "real" departments as quick as they could due to in large part the personnel they had to work with.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    "There is a convenience store in Lockhart just as you enter town, coming from Austin. He recently put up both 30-06 and 30-07 signs and they are behind dark front window screens on front of the store. At the main entrance is a black on white sign, very easily visible, that says "unlicensed carry on these premises is punishable by blah,blah ba, etc.". I've asked the guy to remove the 30-06 sign but he refused and told me I could carry there anytime since he knows me"

My reading comprehension and ability to infer from context told me who "the guy" was.

He didn't specifically say the guy was the owner, so what you did was assume...

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    I've have to deal with the TABC fairly often, both through my own (former) business and through the business with which I'm employed now. The best TABC agent I've encountered was still about 65% dick with ears. Most make Wal-Mart security guards look like Bigfoot Wallace.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom