• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Hi everyone
    I've joined this forum to draw on the vast experience that must exist within it and to gain some useful common sense advice. While I do not agree with all the USA firearms laws they do at least give individuals the opportunity to pursue their legitimate interests and sporting pastimes unlike the UK.
    I am interested in black powder handgun shooting but we are so restricted to long winded muzzle loading only. What are the alternatives? Thanks to anyone who picks up on this. JZ
    DK Firearms

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Welcome.
    There are several here that like Black Powder. What are you looking for?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Welcome. I presume you mean actual muzzle loading pistols? I have a dueling pistol that fits the description. My cylinder loading black powder revolvers have advantages though.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hell I thought it was a message from the Clash with that London Calling!
    Yep. Clicked this thread just to be disappoint.:(

Just kidding, welcome to the forum.( but seriously, if you post a thread title like the one you posted, the decent thing to do is embed Guns of Brixton”
    I will help you out this time.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    orig.gif

Attachments

• orig.gif
      orig.gif
      3.8 KB · Views: 244

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Welcome.
    There are several here that like Black Powder. What are you looking for?

Hi Thanks for reply. I'm trying to ascertain the best path to take in order to make it more simple to shoot for example an 1858 Remington or similar avoiding the cap and ball loading process if that makes sense.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I'm a Brit., lived here for 36 years and I don't agree with ANY of the U.S gun laws that supersede the 2nd. Amendment.

Welcome JZ,

Mike beat me to the punch....I don’t agree with most of our gun laws either.

Hope you find the info you are looking for.

Another great info based gun forum is thehighroad.org

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Welcome JZ,

Hi
    Thanks for your input and I will take a look at that forum too. I'm far from familiar with the US laws suffice to say they at least allow individuals to own pistols and revolvers unlike the UK where it is not the case and generally limited to blackpowder.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Howdy. Welcome to the forum.
    I bought a spare cylinder for my 1858 Remington so I could preload it and make life a little easier. I found that by the time I finished shooting the second cylinder, the gun was so fouled with black powder and grease residue, I was ready to take the grips off and throw it in a bucket of water.
    I'm not completely sure I understood what you were looking for as far as information, but here's a cylinder loading press ?.?.
    https://powderinc.com/product/cylinder-loader-2/

JayZed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2019
    UK
    Welcome JZ,

Howdy. Welcome to the forum.
    I bought a spare cylinder for my 1858 Remington so I could preload it and make life a little easier. I found that by the time I finished shooting the second cylinder, the gun was so fouled with black powder and grease residue, I was ready to take the grips off and throw it in a bucket of water.
    I'm not completely sure I understood what you were looking for as far as information, but here's a cylinder loading press ?.?.
    https://powderinc.com/product/cylinder-loader-2/
    Hi Thanks for your interest. I was thinking more along the lines of either cartridge conversion cylinders or smokeless powder cylinders. It makes you think though how these guys managed to fight their battles if using these guns was such a chore!!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Hi Thanks for reply. I'm trying to ascertain the best path to take in order to make it more simple to shoot for example an 1858 Remington or similar avoiding the cap and ball loading process if that makes sense.
    That pistol is a good choice with a conversion cylinder. I reload BP cartridges for mine. Lots of fun.

Top Bottom