Target Sports

Lone Star Defense N' Arms (OUTSTANDING LOCAL BUSINESS!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I usually dread going to gun shops due to the employees. One I used to go to would tell you that Kimber is the only manufacturer on the planet basically. One I went to in Katy last week, to utilize their range, I have had positive experiences with. However, this time there was a guy working the counter that just could not help but come across cocky, arrogant and I really got tired of being called big guy and chief.

So, I was looking for a certain handgun yesterday and could not find one in town at the usual places I knew of. I found it online at Bud’s Gun Shop and went to select an FFL to have it sent to when I came across Lone Star Defense N’ Arms ($15 FFL Fee!). I called them to verify they were on file with Buds and was refreshed by the person that helped me.

She ended up being one of the owners. She was extremely polite and helpful, so I decided to ask if they had the weapon in stock and they did! I ended up getting it through them that day. The owners are husband and wife and are very good people. No arrogance at all. They did not hammer one certain brand and I was never called chief, big guy or any other jackass name.

I highly recommend you check this shop out. Their prices are excellent! They take care of veterans (personal experience) and they are friendly, professional and respectful. The atmosphere in the shop is so friendly, I wanted to just grab a seat and hang out for the day.

Lone Star Defense & Arms | Firearms Houston | Guns For Sale
    1657 Blalock Suite A
    Houston, TX 77080

Main: 713-465-1820
Fax: 713-465-1821

Email: info@defenseandarms.com

Hours:
    Tuesday-Friday (10am to 6pm)
    Saturdays (10am to 4pm)
    Sundays & Mondays (Closed)

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Good for you. Places like that can be hard to find. Don't mind Clarke, he's a little addled. Gets lost easy too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Gee chief...that sounds like a place I need to check out. Thanks big guy!

LOL! I knew that would be coming. ;)

I ended up getting an M&P Shield in 9mm. I have owned and carried one in 40 for about 3 years now and love it. I bought it off my brother in law for a great price, but have really just wanted on in 9mm. My buddy started looking for one in 40 the other day, so it worked out...sold him mine and bought the one in 9mm the same day.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Yup, I've bought and sold a little 22LR through Amy and David in the past several months. Super nice folks that treat people with respect and friendliness.

Definitely recommended.

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    I stopped by there yesterday afternoon on my way to the Doctor's office. Great folks. Will probably end up taking my CHL class there as well as use them for future transfers.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    +1 to everything said so far, claymore just beat me to it. Bought a VP9 there at a great price. They are now my LGS.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Bumping this thread to mention that they just moved into a new location not too far from their old one. Show room is now three to four times larger than their old location and they now have an online-sales page on their website.

New address is 8314 Long Point Rd., 77055 (Spring Branch).

mikebandw186

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2014
    Great folks to deal with. "Sir" and "Ma'am". No condescension, no pushing anything except responsible carry. Great transfer experience, twice. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy, including contacting online purchasers to get them the info.

They are the go to gun shop now, and their new store is top notch. Not a huge inventory yet, but they have good quality stuff at good prices.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom