• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeekandestroy

Jack of all trades, master of none
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2016
    Blanco, TX
    What’s the consensus on this range in Lockhart? Has anyone been? Like or no like?
    Just want a little info before I check it out. I normally shoot at my Families ranch but that’s hours away and this range is 30 minutes away.
    Thanks for any info.
    ARJ Defense ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Its alright unless it’s been raining then it’s a mud hole.
    The shooting stations are dirt. If its been raining you’ll be standing in water or mud.
    The short range stations are okay but the rifle area svcks. Table are uneven. Seats are heavy concrete blocks that you have to muscle around.
    The Rifle target area is very unorganized.
    it’s an open area where the 50 & 100yd ranges are all together.
    The lanes aren’t clearly defined.
    This causes cross hits from others lanes.
    You gotta lug your gear from vehicle to the firing line. About 60-75 yards across dirt and gravel.
    Range staff seems cool. Never had a problem with them.
    No table space at the short ranges. Your bag has to sit on the dirt. Very narrow space at the front of the station to set your handgun(s). Not really a problem if it’s dry.
    I shoot there from time to time and will continue to do so. It is primitive tho.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I am. I no longer shoot there as I have access to a private club closer to the house.

I would recommend them. Go on a weekend and it will be crowded.
    Follow their rules ( and they are among the easiest going for a public range) and have fun

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    The pistol and rifle ranges have a roof and concrete slabs ,
    The rifle range is less than 40-50 yards from parking area
    A little mud when it rains
    This is TEXAS

SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    I went there a few times since it is the closest to my house. However, I find it a little too willy-nilly for my tastes since they have zero staff out by the ranges. Chalk it up to PTSD, but I don't like strangers handling and loading their guns behind me while I'm changing out my target. Or folks ejecting hot .40 brass down your shirt on the .22 range. Every time I have gone there, I have experienced shooters with a disregard for the written rules, common-sense safety, or even basic etiquette. Plenty of folks seem to have good experiences there, so maybe I have had bad luck.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Apparently someone tried to set fire to the place today...
    1645501868538.png

1645501831443.png

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I have been there twice when a group known as TGO did their meets. I fired and sighted my two 300 Winchester mag rifles when I last visited. Cool places to eat afterwards made it more attractive.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Another thread on the fire.
    More threads, more exposure.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Reminds me of the POS that set fire to an indoor range in Spring by using tracer rounds shot into the rubber pellets at the end of their range. In that case, he evacuated because of the fire, leaving behind his rifle, ammo, and ID, and of course they had it all on video. He returned later to get his stuff like nothing had happened.

The number one rule if you're going to break the law is to never leave behind evidence. With the low cost for camera systems now, there aren't many places that won't have video of you.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    No ATF or FBI in on the investigation? Nah they are busy investigating parents at school board meetings.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Reminds me of the POS that set fire to an indoor range in Spring by using tracer rounds
    Not really. The fire at Spring G&A was stupidity, not malice. The guy who dumped two magazines of tracers was trying to impress a girl. He actually didn't realize he was setting fire to the backstop. When he did see the fire, he panicked and fled, leaving behind his decked-out SCAR. Apparently having money doesn't mean having brains.

In this case, though, it's a purely malicious act. It's deliberate arson.

I sure hope this guy gets caught. The guy in Spring deserved punishment; this guy deserves torture. Or at least a very long incarceration.

Top Bottom