• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Looks nice, albeit a bit expensive. The big question is...does anyone know where it is located?!?

Long Star Outdoor Shooting Range

Construction is almost complete, but we are opening the range for your enjoyment on Saturdays from 10-6. The entry fee is $10.95 and an additional $6.95 to share the same shooting stall, this will give you access to both the handgun and rifle bays. The target retrieval systems are not yet completed so it will be a steel only range. We have 30 stalls open for handgun and 20 for rifle. Handgun goes out to 25yds and the rifle has targets at 100,200 & 300yds. Each stall is covered and has partitions separating you from the other shooter. Membership specials will be available starting on Friday. Limited rental guns will also be available. Call us with any questions and we hope to see you this weekend!

RANGE PRICING

$10.95 Covers the cost of both rifle and handgun bays, additional fee of $6.95 for two shooters on the same stall. Shoot as many firearms as you would like, no additional charges. You can stay as long as you want and shoot, if there is a line than you are limited to one hour of shooting. After that hour you go to the back of the line at no additional charge.

MEMBERSHIPS

Patriot- $24.95/month. Any AD, NG, RS, EMS, LEO, Firefighter, Commissioned Security Guard

Veteran- $27.95/month. Must show either a Retired ID, DD214, VA ID

Individual- $29.95/month

Family- $39.95/month. Includes two adults and any household members under 18

Membership includes: Unlimited use of range during business hours, 10% training discount, 10% merchandise discount (excludes Firearms, NFA & Ammunition), One free FFL transfer/year and reduced rate of $20 for all others.

RULES

1- No loading or unloading of firearms until on the firing line.

2- Rifles are not allowed to be used on the handgun side. This includes rifle caliber handguns.

3- You may keep your brass/steel casings if you desire.

4- Over the ear hearing protection and eye protection is required by everyone on the range.

Entry%20to%20Range.jpg

30%20Pistol%20Bays.jpg

Covered%20Stalls.jpg

Pistol%20Range.jpg

Rifle%20and%20Pistol.jpg

Rifle%20Range%20out%20to%20300yds.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    It says that their out in converse on Graytown rd. Far east side.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Sorry, I forgot to mentioned that in the email I was forwarded, it said it was "on the NE side of Bexar county near I-10 & 1604"...

Merry Christmas! We are excited that after many years of trying, we have actually opened up our range. Earlier this summer we purchased a couple hundred acres on the NE side of Bexar county near I-10 & 1604 and started construction of the temporary building as well as the shooting positions. Construction is almost complete, but we are opening the range for your enjoyment on Saturdays from 10-6. The entry fee is $10.95 and an additional $6.95 to share the same shooting stall, this will give you access to both the handgun and rifle bays. The target retrieval systems are not yet completed so it will be a steel only range temporarily. We have 30 stalls open for handgun and 20 for rifle. Handgun goes out to 25yds and the rifle has targets at 100,200 & 300yds. Each stall is covered and has partitions separating you from the other shooter. Membership specials will be available starting on Friday. Limited rental guns will also be available. Call us with any questions and we hope to see you this Saturday!

I suspect they either meant IH-35 and 1604, or on the SE side of town where IH-10 and 1604 meet there...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I see now where that address is actually on the SE side of town, and south of 1604/IH-10. Completely opposite side of town from me, and I guess they meant east side of town in their email as it is not really SE or NE but simply east!

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Saturday only kills it for me. Was looking to maybe take the GF out, but she only has off Mondays at this point. Looks to be a nice range though. Only thing I didn't care for was the part of "if we're busy, you only get an hour, then you go to the back of the line".

ETA ... not crazy about walls at the shooting station either. Muzzle brake + walls = no fun.

Last edited:

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I'm still waiting for a certain former Major, to take me to a certain AFB range.....lol

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    That's where I qualified for my Chl. When I took my class at Lone Star still had the directions. It's off I-10 and 1604
    20131211_182111.gif

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Funny I thought that was the best part -I do not get hit by your brass or have to suffer your muzzle blast...

Rarely have a problem with being hit with brass. As far as muzzle blast, I'm not talking a 50bmg ... and being in a cubicle, it only amplifies the pressure wave and makes it unbearable to shoot.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Rarely have a problem with being hit with brass. As far as muzzle blast, I'm not talking a 50bmg ... and being in a cubicle, it only amplifies the pressure wave and makes it unbearable to shoot.

Even an AR with a brake though can be quite unbearable to the people around you. I'd rather double up on hearing pro and feel the muzzle blast wrenching my gut than subject others to my accessory choices :D

Brownman0311

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    Even an AR with a brake though can be quite unbearable to the people around you. I'd rather double up on hearing pro and feel the muzzle blast wrenching my gut than subject others to my accessory choices :D

It also makes finding and collecting your brass a bit easier..

TattooedGlock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    It's just down the road from where I live on the NE side. Great place. I took my CHL through the guys that own this range and their shop and staff are great. Their shop is on 3009 in Schertz. They are all either retired military or wounded warriors. I just joined Nardis before they opened their range so I'll be shooting there for awile, but this place is nice.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    It's just down the road from where I live on the NE side. Great place. I took my CHL through the guys that own this range and their shop and staff are great. Their shop is on 3009 in Schertz. They are all either retired military or wounded warriors. I just joined Nardis before they opened their range so I'll be shooting there for awile, but this place is nice.

Thanks for the update. I am going to have to check it out.

Top Bottom