• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I'm a fan of TSRA, and I'm more than happy to ignore the people who feel like they have to crap on everything that gets posted. They'd bitch if you hung 'em with a new rope.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What about GOA?
    Unless something has changed that I don't know about, Rachel Malone is the full-time lobbyist for the GOA in Texas. Attend one of her seminars or just watch her in action and you'll gladly send money to the GOA. If someone wants to join a Texas-serving organization, that would be the top of my list.

FWIW, I'm an NRA Golden Eagle and a lifer with TSRA, SAF, and GOA. I might be a lifer with the FPC; I don't remember off-hand. I'm also a member of some state-based organizations in Florida, California, and elsewhere that are fighting specific legal battles. On the sporting side, I'm a lifer with IHMSA and GSSF and I'd add Shooting USA if they'd ever set up a Life Membership program.

I'm also an old-style lifer with the Whittington Center from back before they changed the rules requiring more money every year to continue to use the facilities. My old membership gets me everything on the rifle and pistol ranges for free, for life, without limits. I'd retire to Raton if it weren't such a pit of a town.

Moral of the story - Spread your support around. There are plenty of places to send money to support the 2A (and, I sadly admit, buy Wayne more suits).

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I liken LSGR to GOA...
    I went to their web page, their Facebook page, and their YT page.
    • Their FB is private.
    • I signed up on their web page.
      • This allowed me to access their podcasts and I listened to a some. The two most recent are particularly informative.
      • Otherwise, the site is pretty but not exactly dense with information.
      • Most of the site is behind their paywall, specifically including the member forum which I would find most interesting/informative.
    • Their YT presence shows that they're trying lots of different approaches
      • They're not gaining much traction in that space but that's OK; every new channel struggles.
      • A sample of videos shows impressive effort in some ways but a lack of focus. There are videos with comedy for fund raising, testimony before legislators, news, product reviews, interviews, etc.
      • For the last year or so, their YT page and their podcasts have been mirrors of each other. Not every podcast is turned into a YT video but all YT videos are from the podcasts. That's changed since their podcast guy recently quit the organization and there's been no YT video production since then.
    I'm on the fence about whether to send them my $60/year. Their main goals seem to be Constitutional Carry and fighting Red Flag laws and universal background checks. Does anyone here have any firsthand knowledge of their lobbying efforts and the efficacy thereof over the last couple of years? I think that would help me make a decision.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Well, I signed up at LSGR and paid my $60 for a year. The payment went through and I can log in. But, I can't update my profile and preferences. I have sent an email for help with no response. Not having a good feeling about it, so far.

Top Bottom