• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, so NOT Lone Star Weapons and Tactics just outside of Devine? They do have steel targets, but it's not a public range. You can schedule it, it's just not open for anyone to just "show up and shoot"...

bassntx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    It does have all steel targets. I believe that their pistol stuff is 7-10yds and their rifle is 100,200,300 (not sure if it's yards or meters, I've been told both). Hope that is helpful.

medic_cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2014
    San Antonio
    I was out there a few weeks ago to shoot .45 and .40 with my son. They use all steel targets set up about 25yds out. You are free to shoot what ever target that is within your range fan. They have several types from silhouettes and gongs to smaller round ones that will spin if you hit them. If you want to shoot outside if that just switch booths. They also have some gongs set up probably 60yds out. Those were fun to shoot at. We had a good time.

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Drove out there two weeks ago on a Saturday. Place was packed and there was no place to park. Heard the constant "ping" of bullets hitting steel. Obviously people enjoying themselves on a warm and sunny afternoon.

Other than the "long drive" and the narrow road leading to the range, I'll go back on a week day when there might be less pressure.

The range is closed on Sundays.

From what little I saw, the place is well organized and was popular with shooters on that particular Saturday.

KELEKONA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2013
    Texas
    20150210_122755.jpg

That's my fiance at the pistol range. Great place, very friendly, just let us do our thing. I try to go during the weekday so there is very few people. Prices seem fair to me.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Drove over to Bexar in Marion to shoot my Aug and my FNX .45 and the place was a little to crowded for my liking, so I decided to try Lone Star Handgun range as it was only 4 more exits down the highway.

Got there about 12 and it was my first time there. Just sign a waiver, pay and your off. There were plenty of bays and not too many people there, only three in the whole place. Shot the .45 and it was nice to shoot something other than paper for once as they have steel plates on the pistol range.

Very nice range I liked it alot and will be back. The staff was also very friendly unlike the older man who works (owns? ) Bexar.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I haven't been there. Sounds like a good place. I get really bored shooting paper. But, if I'm ever attacked by a Piñata, or something paper.....WATCH OUT!!!

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I haven't been there. Sounds like a good place. I get really bored shooting paper. But, if I'm ever attacked by a Piñata, or something paper.....WATCH OUT!!!

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"
    Lol.... give it a try you'll probably enjoy it. It was either there or Nardis. I plan to try it out also.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Throwing my dos centavos in for Lonestar Handgun. Had the opportunity to swing by and put some rounds in. Had a pretty good time from start to finish. We stayed on the handgun lane for the duration of this trip.

1. Friendly staff - at the counter and the RMs out back, good folks to chat with and it was a pleasure to meet them

2. Good prices - most affordable place I've shot at...(not shot at, but shot at...)

3. Roomy lanes/firing line - lanes are wide enough for two to loiter around, exchange instruction and enjoy a shooting buddy's company.

4. Steel targets on the handgun/22 line - excellent route for a range to use - no cold range down time unless a target goes out of commission but otherwise you're shooting as fast as you can reload. No paper targets = no need for cold range to put up/take down. Mucho fun to hear the pop-ding...funny to watch others do the pop-see the dirt poof

5. Outdoor - hey, outdoors. we had a nice breeze when we were out there. Took a minute to shoot a round, lean over on the bench take a breath and enjoy the moment.

6. Out of the city - driving down the FM and a gravel road sets the tone.

Overall had a great trip. Thanks Lonestar, see yall next time.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I've been there 4 more times since my initial visit and its become my favorite.
    Probably won't be back to Bexar Community Range and Lone Star is only 3 more exits down the road.
    Though a range just opened up in Marion I may give that one a shot. It's called Marion Gun Club. Anyone been there ?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Haven't been there and no one I've asked recently has mentioned it when I asked for recs. What road is it on?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well I finally got out to Lonestar Handgun. Was very happy with the place and will definitely be going back. Friendly staff and nice setup. Used their zeroing range and rifle range. The steel target setup on all the ranges are a nice change. If there was one complaint, it would be that lack of pull up parking. I just had to make a few trips. I'll just pack accordingly next time, I didn't really give it too much thought before I went, so no big deal. But over all, very nice place to shoot.

Top Bottom