• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bringer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    San Marcos
    I may be able to make it out myself. As far as the BBQ goes I work in Lockhart and have some lunch time experience with all the places ( my stomach can prove it).

Smittys and Kruez both are a no sauce kinda place. Blacks is really not worth the prices paid for the food. Overall the best deal is pretty much Chisholm Trail. You get 3 sides, a good serving of meat and a large iced tea for under 7 bucks, and yes they have sauce if that is how you roll.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    I may be able to make it out myself. As far as the BBQ goes I work in Lockhart and have some lunch time experience with all the places ( my stomach can prove it).

Smittys and Kruez both are a no sauce kinda place. Blacks is really not worth the prices paid for the food. Overall the best deal is pretty much Chisholm Trail. You get 3 sides, a good serving of meat and a large iced tea for under 7 bucks, and yes they have sauce if that is how you roll.

But you really don't need the sauce. Glad to see another one sing the praises of Chisholm Trail ... that one's our little secret ... the other 3 are really for those outta-towners. ;)

Where do ya work, if you don't mind? Always interesting meeting people on here that were "here" all along.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    kreutz, blacks, Smitty's, Chisholm .. About all I can think of.. I dont live in lockhart but I go out to McMahan from time to time :).

Im going to try and make this. But as I mentioned before I might be in Mexico.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    So long as it's better than Goode's. Had lunch there today and remembered why I had not eaten there since 1992.

The slaw was bland, the meat, we'll let's just say they should have spent more than 10 cents a pound, however, the potato salad was almost mediocre.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That's not good D! I worked an event not long ago a wedding if memory serves and the cooks were bragging on the chicken. I could have carried a strip of that chicken on my duty belt and used it as a baton. It was that tuff. I (discreetly) spit that peace out and then moved on to the best brisket I've ever had.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Wait, is this where I tell myself to get back on topic?

Nah, it's good to be the King.

goodkng21.jpg

Top Bottom