• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    A long but good read on the direction our leaders in government and media
    wish to explain problems in America, do you all agree or not.

WASHINGTON – An elderly man enters a crowded museum carrying a rifle and begins shooting. A young man in Arkansas pulls the trigger outside a military recruiting office. Another man opens fire in a Kansas church.
    Three chilling, unconnected slayings in less than two weeks. One gunman was a white supremacist, one a militant Muslim, one a fervent foe of abortion.

Each suspect had a history that suggested trouble. Each apparently was driven to act by beliefs considered by some as extreme. Each shooter fits the description of a "lone wolf" terrorist, a killer whose attack, authorities say, is harder to head off than if planned by a trained terrorist network.
    "It could be anyone. It could be the guy next door, living in the basement of his mother's place, on the Internet just building himself up with hate, building himself up to a boiling point and finally using what he's learned," said John Perren, head of the counterterrorism branch at the FBI's Washington field office.

Perren described the difficulty of hunting a lone wolf suspect in an interview with the Associated Press just two days before white supremacist James von Brunn allegedly shot and killed a guard at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.

"The lone wolf is what concerns the Washington field office, what concerns the FBI the most," he said.
    Von Brunn had a criminal record and a Web site preaching virulent racism. Yet authorities say it is difficult to predict when someone will put down a laptop and pick up a gun.
    When investigating a terrorist network, FBI agents can often access e-mails, phone records and documents to build a case. In some cases, they can develop informants to penetrate the group and provide intelligence.
    But a killer acting alone rarely tells anyone what he's planning, let alone when or how. That makes it hard for authorities to determine who is prepared to commit a criminal act in furtherance of a perceived cause.
    Trying to counter that threat, the FBI has created what it calls "tripwires." These are programs that seek tips from businesses whenever someone buys significant amounts of materials that can be used to make explosives, or large amounts of weapons or ammunition.

Such precautions seem to have worked in the case of a man who cleaned out his savings account in Utah and told the bank teller he was on a mission to kill President Barack Obama. The man, who relatives said suffers from mental illness, triggered a criminal investigation and he was eventually arrested.

In Washington, the white supremacist Von Brunn apparently skirted such tripwires by using a vintage rifle from the early 20th century. With that single, small-caliber gun, a museum security guard was killed before other guards opened fire and disabled von Brunn.
    The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks white supremacists, says the number of hate groups in the United States has risen 54 percent since 2000, fueled by opposition to Hispanic immigration and, more recently, by the election of the nation's first black president and the economic downturn.
    "Today the vast majority of domestic terrorist attacks are in fact lone wolf or so-called leaderless resistance attacks," said the center's Mark Potok. "There are very few ways to prevent them ... short of assigning a police officer to every person in America."

(The number of angry white men in America is getting larger, said Chip Berlet, senior analyst with Political Research Associates in Somerville, Mass., a think tank that studies right-wing extremists.)

(In particular, the heterosexual, white, Christian men in America feel they've been pushed out of the way, Berlet said. Attacking the Holocaust Museum is a no-brainer, he said, because white supremacists blame Jews for the advancement of black people.)

"The idea that blacks are put in positions of power by crafty Jews is central to their conspiracy theory," Berlet said.

Other experts contend the white supremacist climate has not changed much over the years.
    Charlie Allen, the former top intelligence officer at the Department of Homeland Security, said such hatred has been embedded in small parts of American communities. Under Allen's leadership, the department created an analysis branch that looked at extremist groups across the country.
    A department assessment of domestic extremism found about 2,400 white supremacist Web sites; 72 blogs; 30 mailing lists; 213 user groups and clubs; and 25 online racist video games. The agency says white supremacist organizations rarely publicly call for attacks.
    Gun Zone Deals

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I agree that this has not changed much in recent years, the only thing that has changed is this is another time in history when the spotlight shines brighter on these groups and individauls.

As with any criminal (organization or individual) the more press you give them, the more you play to what they wish. In the minds of many it seems that giving a large spotlight to the criminals, who for example, that shoot up schools idolizes them to those who feel they can relate to these criminals and seems to increase the rate of occurence. If this is true or not is hard to determine cause regardless the media will give them all the attention they could ever desire and then some.

In an article that was posted on the USCCA website 29 incidents involved educational centers since February 2, 1996 to October 3, 2006. Some also involved other places as well. All these places were "gun free zones" either by policy or by law. In these 29 locations listed at least 92 (not including the criminals) people were killed and 118 wounded. If I can get permission I will post the article on here, it was written by Gabriel Suarez it is titled "Preventing Mass Murders in schools and elsewhere"

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The number of angry white men in America is getting larger, said Chip Berlet, senior analyst with Political Research Associates in Somerville, Mass., a think tank that studies right-wing extremists.

In particular, the heterosexual, white, Christian men in America feel they've been pushed out of the way, Berlet said. Attacking the Holocaust Museum is a no-brainer, he said, because white supremacists blame Jews for the advancement of black people.

WTF is this guy smoking!?

micah7488

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Waxahachie/ San Antonio
    WTF is this guy smoking!?

at the von brunns website or whatever he believed that black's are/were the jews lapdogs and so by doing what the jews command they get money and get advanced up the line. supremacy is insane as well as the concept to try and fit ones mind around how it is possible in this day and age. i guess it is something that a couple of white supremacists must think in order for that guy who studied the white supremacist and james von brunn to have the same answer about jews and blacks.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah, but he makes it sound like this is a typical attitude among angry white males.

Speaking as an angry white male, he couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm not pissed at minorities. I'm pissed at fascists.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    This type article is put out by the liberal press to further the race agenda and continue to fragment this country its a winning topic for the Democrat's.:mad:

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    It's scary how much truth there is to that.

As my handle states I'm an old guy and I see more racism coming from the
    left then in previous years and I believe the current administration will
    use this to further divide people,sad time for America in my opinion.

Pawdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Kimble, Texas
    n particular, the heterosexual, white, Christian men in America feel they've been pushed out of the way, Berlet said. Attacking the Holocaust Museum is a no-brainer, he said, because white supremacists blame Jews for the advancement of black people.

Then what was Jeramiah Wrights excuse? I don't think he considers himself an "angry White man," but he publicly makes racist statements and gets a pass by the MSM? The blatant double standard is what the "angry White male" is angry about!

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Yeah, but he makes it sound like this is a typical attitude among angry white males.

Speaking as an angry white male, he couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm not pissed at minorities. I'm pissed at fascists.

I didn't read it that way. The simple solution is probably the explanation - Occam's Razor (The simplest answer is usually the correct answer), although this might be Hanlon's Razor, with equal parts laziness and stupidity.

I expect that the researcher was talking about trends he's seeing in the groups he studies and their potential recruiting pool, not the general populace. The reported probably paraphrased that statement from a 2-hour interview and used the rest of the material as background.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Then what was Jeramiah Wrights excuse? I don't think he considers himself an "angry White man," but he publicly makes racist statements and gets a pass by the MSM? The blatant double standard is what the "angry White male" is angry about!

+1

I'd add Obama sat there with his family.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Idiots are fertilized with stupidity and farmed for their vote.

DC that is a very PROFOUND statement and so very true.

OK, I an angry white man with a lot of crap that's going on in our country right now but........

What separates men like myself from these nut jobs is common sense, morals and ethics based on our upbringing and the knowledge that even though we do not agree with what's happening around us, we can effect change legally through peaceful avenues. The vote, rallies, forums such as this, ect...

These lone wolfs are IMO people who have were never instilled with basic morals and ethics, had them clouded or removed by some crazy association of some sort or some life altering event.

Regardless of what brought these people to that point in there life;
    they will live among us undetected till some events such as this shooting occurs that brings them to the forefront.

But this statement about :Angry White Men" is total biased, racial speculation on the part of a person living in paranoia - IMO!

Paranoia caused by Idiots fertilized with stupidity and farmed for their vote and or the ability to forward or advance ill moral, indecent, unchristian philosophies of some left or right wing extremist group.

After saying that, I'm not as angry now as I was when I started

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    What separates men like myself from these nut jobs is common sense, morals and ethics based on our upbringing and the knowledge that even though we do not agree with what's happening around us, we can effect change legally through peaceful avenues. The vote, rallies, forums such as this, ect...

These lone wolfs are IMO people who have were never instilled with basic morals and ethics, had them clouded or removed by some crazy association of some sort or some life altering event.

Regardless of what brought these people to that point in there life;
    they will live among us undetected till some events such as this shooting occurs that brings them to the forefront.

But this statement about :Angry White Men" is total biased, racial speculation on the part of a person living in paranoia - IMO!

Exactly my thoughts, I was raised in a non-racial atmosphere in a rural area during the 40's lived and worked with other races throughout my life, but at the risk of repeating myself the far left thrives on race talk to be elected,they foster and look for the issue because it gives them power and money. Simply its a divide and conquer method.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I'm not white, but I am angry. Can I still apply to the club for membership?

By all means DC because race is not the issue - a mans character is the issue.
    And DC you got plenty of that!:p
    There is no offense or malice intended in that statement, it is meant as a complement.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    ". . . .Von Brunn apparently skirted such tripwires by using a vintage rifle from the early 20th century. With that single, small-caliber gun. . . ."

I know this is a bit of semantics, but the technology of a bolt action and lever action rifle is really old. Semi-auto rifles and pistols have been around for over 100 years.

There is very little "new" in the gun community. There is a lot better and or more reliable, but not new. It is my understanding that the best advancements that we have made in gun technology in the last 20 years has been ammunition

I guess I just don't get why people seem to think that old guns didn't kill people just as effectively than new ones. I guess the the idea that the "new" "assault weapons" are somehow significantly more dangerous than the "vintage" guns seems so silly to me.

By the way, DC, I love the comment.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom