Join TexasGunTalk

Lonestar Gun Club Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Dallas & Fort Worth' started by Biff Tannen, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Casper

Casper New Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Forney,Tx
    Had issues when they had the other range but then it kept getting flooded and I believed the hype when they said all the things they where going to do, Never renewed membership and then they shut down, went out to lonestar as i had heard about it and sounded like they where going to be better setup. When i arrived I saw it was the some of the same crew from old range and ended the tour. Looks like I was lucky, unlike some others. The guys have serious issues with running a business and I think they run there business paycheck to paycheck. To bad it was nice having a range on this side of Forney

2. BigBoss0311

BigBoss0311 Well-Known

Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    ^^^^that. These guys need to fail so they stop taking members' money and pocketing it instead of making false promises that never happen. Now they have the nerve for a go fund me page. who knows if that money will go towards what it says. these guys are crooks and deserve to fail.

3. Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen SIG Fan Boy

Sep 1, 2017
    Forney, TX
    I agree. One of my biggest issues with them in the past is the false promises. They keep telling you the improvements they are going to make and they never do it.

I finally heard back and was told they have to increase the height of the berms. They said they'll be open in a week or two. I've heard that before.

My membership has about run out, and I am officially done with them. The owner has been caught in the past being shady and crooked and I'm done dealing with it.

In my quest for a new go to range, I tried out B-Tactical in Cado Mills near Greenville this past weekend. I had a fantastic experience there and will be back.

4. RevolverGuy

RevolverGuy Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I’ll say a prayer.

I was a longtime member of the late, if not always great, FWRPC.

When my wife wants a load of dirt from Silver Creek Materials, she has to pick it up herself. If I see that “Hip Pocket Theatre” sign at the old range gate, I’ll fill it full of holes.

That fiasco was 20 years ago. I would hope all the ranges in N. Texas learned the lesson.