• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    mkay? so 40Arpent stands up and and introduces himself/horseflesh as the ashpole in the thread. I don't know you, nor do I care to know you. OP asked a question. I'm sure the OP appreciates Technical replies vs smart ass comments

Personally, 20" AR platform for me is plenty, 18" is just right. I built an 18" platform for my 3-gun role.

I was actually being sincere, but you can go **** yourself anyway.
    Guns International

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I agree with Pete if he's being legit about it.
    But I can definitely see how it comes off as sarcastic or rude. Lol
    But if you've got something cool (besides a "normal" gun, BC all guns are bad ass) then you can talk about it easily for 10+mins.

Having something different allows a platform for something to talk about. I'm one of the guys that doesn't just walk up and start talking. What do you talk about? Lol.

So ya, no big y'all

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    1Slow, very nice!

Anger, appreciate the air cover but I got what he meant... and understand. Sometimes I get "in my zone" where I don't notice folks, so having something worth walking over for can help me meet new folks, etc.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The standard on the competition firing line is the 20" full bull barrel A2 upper. We all shot iron sights at 200 and 600. My preference was 1:9 but the best scores that I ever fired were with 1:8 and 69 grain Sierra Match Kings.

I've had several uppers with float tubes but couldn't swear that it helped me a lot. With a sling, it does leave the barrel alone so it pulls down at the Delta ring and not at the barrel. I did not like working on a float tube upper so my preference is a standard upper. The AR-15 requires minimal sling tension so the float tube mattered little to me.

Flash

Top Bottom