• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Where: Best of the West (Liberty Hill, TX)
    When: 10:00 AM (Start)

I've already talked to the range and they will have people on hand to qualify us to shoot at the longer ranges.

I'll be bringing my 10/22 to shoot at 250 yards. It'd be a good platform to learn off of for those of you that aren't privy to shooting at distance. Travis should be bringing his AR, and a friend is bringing a toy or two. Pretty informal.

Distances are:

100 Yards (Paper Targets)
    250 Yards (Steel)
    500 Yards (Steel)
    750 Yards (Steel)
    1000 Yards (Steel)

I will have my ballistics app out there to help anyone that doesn't have a dope chart on hand. Be sure to know something about your load, otherwise the app won't help you.

If you are shooting a .22 be sure your ammo is standard velocity or sub-sonic, the high velocity stuff won't do well at 100+ yards. I highly recommend a brick of Wolf Match.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Fun as hell! With Alan's factory 10/22 target barrel, we were dinging the steel at 250yds with ease. He was even rapid firing and the other shooters on the line were hearing this really quiet, "ting, ting, ting" and were wondering what the heck?! ;) LOL Well, FINALLY I qualified to go to 1k. The friend's 700 5R shot great, but I'm not the most experienced rifle shooter, plus I didn't put the dope on the scope myself which made things a little bit more difficult. I only went out to 500yds as we ran out of time. Everyone else went out to 750-1k. I think I'll need a bit more practice at 500 to be more consistent.

Ric_Knight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    San Marcos
    Sounds like fun, I wish I could have been there. I will defiantly try to make the next one.

On another subject, any thought on the next range day? Defensive Pistol?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Fun as hell! With Alan's factory 10/22 target barrel, we were dinging the steel at 250yds with ease. He was even rapid firing and the other shooters on the line were hearing this really quiet, "ting, ting, ting" and were wondering what the heck?! ;) LOL Well, FINALLY I qualified to go to 1k. The friend's 700 5R shot great, but I'm not the most experienced rifle shooter, plus I didn't put the dope on the scope myself which made things a little bit more difficult. I only went out to 500yds as we ran out of time. Everyone else went out to 750-1k. I think I'll need a bit more practice at 500 to be more consistent.

Let me get this AR built and you'll rock the 750

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    140 + 25 = 165 MOA. Millett LRS-1 with a 35mm tube and .1mil locking knobs. Not bad for $350 used and a lifetime transferable warranty

I've got that Millett, it's a lot of scope for the money. I was hunting late one night and noticed that I could see more light through the scope than without it. The lenses must be polished with powdered, cursed brimstone or something...pretty freakin' impressive.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    Alot of people are trying to say it's hit and miss, but everyone but one I have talked to has loved there's. The lifetime warranty is nice. Can't wait to get it on the MK2. What would 165 MOA with a .22 sub sonic get me?

Top Bottom