• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapido

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Hillsboro
    I have been interested for some time now in getting involved in rifle competetions.

I have found a number of Pistol (Practical and Target) Organizations, but can't seem to find anything for rifles beyond CMP.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks
    Capitol Armory ad

lodwick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    CenTex
    I believe that the austinrifleclub.org has up to 500yd shooting every Wednesday. It is a private club, but they're trying to grow the membership.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I believe that the austinrifleclub.org has up to 500yd shooting every Wednesday. It is a private club, but they're trying to grow the membership.

ARC goes out to 340 yards on Wednesday. That's a good enough distance if you ask me. For a challenge, and mimicking the ballistics of more powerful rounds at longer distances, you can always try your hand at .22 LR at 300 yards.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    ARC goes out to 340 yards on Wednesday. That's a good enough distance if you ask me. For a challenge, and mimicking the ballistics of more powerful rounds at longer distances, you can always try your hand at .22 LR at 300 yards.

Yup, if you can make it to the range between sunrise and 10am on Wednesday (.ie are unemployed or retired) they shut down a number of their ranges to create a 340 yard range.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Greenwood Gun Club in Angleton held a 600 yd match yesterday, I believe they have one every month. With wind gusting to 20+ mph, the match winner dropped only six points in a 60 round match, finishing with an amazing 594-30x. He used a match rifle and beat the F-class shooters.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Temple Gun Club along with ARC run monthly matches. I think they both do High Power, and Service Rifle. ARC also does Silouette. Place called Rifles Only down by Kingsville also does training and ran a few sniper comps. As mentioned Tiger Valley also has a good schedule. Not sure about IDPA like orgs for rifles, but you can look into a 3 gun organization.

ETA: You can also check the Texas State Rifle Association web page and see what they have up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom