• ...and so much more!
  • bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Actually the Fallow was not what I wanted from that ranch. When we were driving down the road to the camphouse, I saw a beautiful Black Buck with antlers about 3' long. He was as black as night with no brown left. According to the owner that was a "very" mature animal. The only problem was every time I saw him he was running at full speed like he was being chased by something. I have never shot at a running animal so after two days of that I saw the spotted Fallow with a blonde and chocolate, all three walking together. They were always 200-250 yards away so on the last day I saw them crossing in front of me and I had time to crawl about 75 yards and down into a dry shallow creek. I pushed up enough dirt to make a rest for the barrel of the gun and when they crossed in front of me the spotted Fallow was in the middle. I whistled very loudly and the blonde and chocolate stopped but the spotted took two more steps placing his heart/lung area in my crosshairs. I took the shot and he took two more steps, coughed blood from his mouth and nose and dropped like a rock. This was the first time an animal was killed with a handgun on their place so they liked what they saw and I signed a release so they could use the picture of the kill and in return they paid for the mount. It took me two years to get it back. That was 20 years ago and the mount still looks new.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Unfortunately I've killed more deer with pickups. All early morning or just before light (3 within 2 months). So about hood distance I'd say. Well closest, not longest. Oh, this thread is about longest kill shot (wild animal, not the 2 legged animals)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    If it’s a hog, I’m all for taking the long shot. Hopefully you’d just wing him and he’d go off and die somewhere- and bring friends.
    I've had several people tell me this including landowners. Not my style, but I get it. We have tons of them out at the property, but I shoot to kill. Now when theres a hundred of them and they're all running, I'm just trying to hit as many as possible. They don't usually to waste when you leave them either.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Using a 300 Win mag, I shot an Audad at 438yds across a canyon ou in Alpine, but my longest was with 204 Ruger on a coyote at just over 500 yds. The yote was bothering a herd of cows and I let 'er rip. Thought I hit it but couldn't stick around to find out. I went back a few hours later and sure enough it was down and trampled by the cows.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Using a 300 Win mag, I shot an Audad at 438yds across a canyon ou in Alpine, but my longest was with 204 Ruger on a coyote at just over 500 yds. The yote was bothering a herd of cows and I let 'er rip. Thought I hit it but couldn't stick around to find out. I went back a few hours later and sure enough it was down and trampled by the cows.
    Do you still see any coyotes with mange. Still have some up in west Texas that's more north than north Texas.

E6InTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Houston Area
    325ish yards. Big horn waaaaaay up on a ridge.

First shot missed low to left. Second shot DRT.

115gr Sierra 6.8SPC II out of a Spikes 16" AR...

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    The small farm I hunt there are some hay fields I can get a 400- 500 yard shot but I keep it at 200 max. I’d do a 300ish if the right deer happen to visit.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Longest was 360 yards (or so) on this antelope near Whitehall MT. Rested my trusty .257 Weatherby on a fence post and he dropped like a sack of potatoes. Not the biggest horns

E3899623-64A6-4102-9097-BBC808C59977.jpeg

Top Bottom