• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    About 350 guesstimated yards. (Pronghorn ) It was 368 paces but there was a hill that extended the paces. We have a steel goat at 300 yards at the range, so I think I’m fairly close.

Last edited:

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Utah muley at 208 yards uphill. South Texas whitetail at 250 yards downhill. A mechanical contractor I know, made a 750 yard shot in Utah on a Bull Elk with a Remington 700 in 300 Ultra Mag. The guides he used are big in to long range. I saw the video, it was a hell of shot!

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Utah muley at 208 yards uphill. South Texas whitetail at 250 yards downhill. A mechanical contractor I know, made a 750 yard shot in Utah on a Bull Elk with a Remington 700 in 300 Ultra Mag. The guides he used are big in to long range. I saw the video, it was a hell of shot!
    Hills (up or down ) have nothing to do with distance. Gravity doesn’t know hills

Last edited:

AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    Most all my hunting was with revolvers at less than 100 yards. But I did shoot a squirrel right between the eyes at 30 yards with a Ruger Single Six shooting standard fodder (40 grain lead). The guys i was with were amazed…but not nearly as much as I was!

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Most all my hunting was with revolvers at less than 100 yards. But I did shoot a squirrel right between the eyes at 30 yards with a Ruger Single Six shooting standard fodder (40 grain lead). The guys i was with were amazed…but not nearly as much as I was!
    At his ranges there will be no appreciable effect. At much greater range you might see a very minor effect and we would have to be talking 45 degree slope at that.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom