• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ten bucks each CASH or USPS Money Order only (Still sealed up in package) or 18.00 for BOTH seasons.

PM me please to buy either or both. - Will mail either/both for 1.00 postage.

yours, tex

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    deemus,

Check your mail.
    (I'm a big fan of Longmire books/DVD & fairly regularly email back & forth with Craig Johnson, too. = NICE guy is he.)

yours, satx

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've talked to him a couple times. He regularly does book signings here in DFW. Louann lives in Dallas.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I was at Chicago O'hare last Monday. I walked past Cassidy Freeman AKA Cady Longmire on the way to my terminal for my flight back to Houston, right outside of the security checkpoint. I looked up her wikipedia page, and sure enough, she is from Chicago. Didn't click to me that it was her until I had just barely passed her.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I was at Chicago O'hare last Monday. I walked past Cassidy Freeman AKA Cady Longmire on the way to my terminal for my flight back to Houston, right outside of the security checkpoint. I looked up her wikipedia page, and sure enough, she is from Chicago. Didn't click to me that it was her until I had just barely passed her.

jakashh,,

Don't feel bad. - I once (long ago) sat next to Lew Alcindor from DFW to Atlanta & had NO idea who he was/is. = In those days, military personnel in uniform were often upgraded from coach to first class.
    (We briefly talked about how awful the airline food was & he asked me what book that I was reading. - That was about the extent of our conversation, except he asked me what Army unit that I was with.)
    When we deplaned in Atlanta, he was surrounded by press & I wandered out wondering "Who the H is he??" & "WOW, that guy's tall."
    (Fwiw, I despise BB & wouldn't go if I could sit courtside or if they paid me to attend.)

yours, satx

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    jakashh,,

Don't feel bad. - I once (long ago) sat next to Lew Alcindor from DFW to Atlanta & had NO idea who he was/is. = In those days, military personnel in uniform were often upgraded from coach to first class.
    (We briefly talked about how awful the airline food was & he asked me what book that I was reading. - That was about the extent of our conversation, except he asked me what Army unit that I was with.)
    When we deplaned in Atlanta, he was surrounded by press & I wandered out wondering "Who the H is he??" & "WOW, that guy's tall."
    (Fwiw, I despise BB & wouldn't go if I could sit courtside or if they paid me to attend.)

yours, satx

Dang, that's a hell of a way to meet someone. My dad did A/C, heating, and home appliance repair since the 70's up till a few years ago. One of his customers was Moses Malone, who lived nearby in the Sugar Creek neighborhood of Sugar Land. He also claims that Frank Beard of ZZ Top was a customer at one point. He lives nearby in Richmond, TX, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    jakashh,

ODDLY, shortly after I left AD, I lived in MD & worked part-time for a HVAC contractor as the "company trouble-shooter".
    One of my constant "phone friends", who had NUMEROUS problems with her four heating/AC systems, was the original WONDER WOMAN, Mrs. Linda K___________. - I used to talk to her by phone about once a week about fixing her latest PITA with the system.
    (NO, I won't publish her married name, phone number and/or her home address.)

NICE, NICE lady (in the best sense of "lady") is "Miss Linda".

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    jakashh,

The people with the company who knew/admired "Miss Linda" BEST were our HVAC techs, as she was nice/polite to them, always fixed them food & especially gave them her homemade cinnamon rolls.
    (I only got one, that was a "leftover roll" that a tech brought to me about 2200 one long night at work.)

I just had to laugh one night when a new tech said, "I went out to this doctor's house to fix one of the furnaces & his wife looks just like Wonder Woman on TV."
    (When I said, "YES, she IS the actress who played Wonder Woman", he didn't believe me as he said, "That can't be right. That lady is just regular people like us".)

yours, satx

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I still want them. You want to mail them to me? Or you bringing them to Allen?

My office is in Plano.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I still want them. You want to mail them to me? Or you bringing them to Allen?

My office is in Plano.

deemus,

I had to go out of town & don't know when I can come back to McKinney but can mail them to you next week if you wish.

I'll mark them SOLD.

yours, satx

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Sounds good. Let me know where to send your money or if you prefer Paypal.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom