• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm not a TV watcher, I don't have a cell phone.

For entertainment, I watch Hulu or Netflix using a Roku. Or just a DVD. The girlfriend gets an app on Roku that streams TV. Things like the history channel, a&e, etc.

Just watching the history channel for two hours, there was 5 commercials for drugs. Funny sounding named meds. WTF? When I read that the U.S. consumes 80% of the world's supply of pharmaceuticals, 50% of the pharmaceutical narcotics....I couldn't quite believe that. Nobody around me takes the crap.

Seeing the extreme overabundance of drug pushing advertisements. I believe it now. Holy shit does TV push pills. It's incredible.
    Hurley's Gold

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    The creepy part...

When they're running down the list of side effects....Things like suicide and aggression...the back ground is people smiling, frolicking around like dumb ass idiots.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Side effects may cause drowsiness, lack of concentration, depression, diarrhea, sensitivity to light, thirst for blood, allergies to garlic and silver, male menopause, clitoral enlargement, anal bleeding, alopecia, nazism, blindness, mental herpes, psychotic episodes, elephantiasis of the scrotum, smelly discharge from your eyes and urethra, smelling toast all the time, etc...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Some of the commercials are so Damn vague. You don't even know what the hell it's for. Just ask your doctor and see if it's right for you!

What the actual F**k?

Why would I ask a doctor for a certain drug? That's his job to prescribe whatever depending on condition.

Hey Doc, saw the commercial. That's what I need, cuz the TV said so?

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The creepy part...

When they're running down the list of side effects....Things like suicide and aggression...the back ground is people smiling, frolicking around like dumb ass idiots.

I agree, I was just thinking about this the other day.
    I also question who the hell goes in to a doctors office and request a specific treatment. Isn't that what the Dr. is there for? No doubt people do, I just find that odd that some do.

Some of the commercials are so Damn vague. You don't even know what the hell it's for. Just ask your doctor and see if it's right for you!

What the actual F**k?

Why would I ask a doctor for a certain drug? That's his job to prescribe whatever depending on condition.

I think the vagueness is because now there are so many drugs that are used to treat more then one condition. But don't worry, the side effects are still the same. :boom:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just saw an advertisement for some kind of post-menopausal female drug that is supposed to make sex after menopause more enjoyable by "naturally" lubricating the vagina.

Yep, I did not make that up.

Then, the rest of the ad told women with a history of breast and other cancers, high blood pressure, and other assorted ailments NOT to take this drug because it could cause a recurrence of cancer, induce stroke or heart attack, and a bunch of other fatal maladies.

Drug companies think they can steal market share from simple personal lubricants.

How do the drug companies get away with this farce?

Be well.

96fordsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    conroe
    Just saw an advertisement for some kind of post-menopausal female drug that is supposed to make sex after menopause more enjoyable by "naturally" lubricating the vagina.

Yep, I did not make that up.

Then, the rest of the ad told women with a history of breast and other cancers, high blood pressure, and other assorted ailments NOT to take this drug because it could cause a recurrence of cancer, induce stroke or heart attack, and a bunch of other fatal maladies.

Drug companies think they can steal market share from simple personal lubricants.

How do the drug companies get away with this farce?

Be well.

Follow the money

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    People are stupid in general, and hypochondriacs. They also want a pill to fix every problem in their life because it's easier than putting effort in to something. Just look at all the pills that give you a perfect body in just 30 days!

Doctors want to make money. They need patients to do so. People come in wanting X pill. Dr asked if they e tried changing their diet and being more active (this will fix 90% of life's problems from stress, to sleeplessness, sex drive, and many other little issues, as well as some major ones), patient gets pissed off and leaves to find new Dr who will just write a prescription. Tells new doctor what they want. New doctor says "by the way, there's some side effects, here's your prescription" and bills the insurance a few hundred bucks. Now everybody is happy. Not any healthier, maybe less healthy, problem is still there, underlying issue still unresolved, insurance premiums increase, Dr makes money, Pharmacy makes money, Pharmaceutical company makes money, patient gets their Brawndo pill (now with extra electrolytes) and Hillary wins the election.

'MURICA!!!

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

What the actual F**k?

There are laws on how they can advertise. If you say what the drug "cures" you have to say what the side affects are. If you are vague about the drug then you don't have to mention side affects.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Then on some of the stations is a ambulance chaser commercial asking if you taken drug X and if so you are entitled to money

ContactLeft

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I hate those commercials. I'm sitting on the couch relaxing, watching TV, minding my own business, and then I have to hear about someone's erectile disfunction or dry vagina or gonorrhea! And now I had to look up how to spell gonorrhea!

I hate those commercials.

Top Bottom