• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Durango-J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2017
    Austin
    Well I guess I should say why I'm here:
    So my father has always been my go to gun encyclopedia, and for my friends as well. However my father came down with Alzheimer's about 8 years ago and Ive been caring for him ever since. I still took him hunting up until about 4 years ago even though I had to take his guns a couple of years before that, and I haven't been hunting or shooting since. Recently due to the progression of his illness I was forced to put him into a memory care facility for he is at the end, and for the first time in many many years I can get back to my hobbies. However when it comes to shooting and reloading I no longer have his help, and that leaves me lacking a very important resource. He always did all the reloading and smith work. So I find myself with equipment I don't know how to use, and I am pretty sure it is not going to be large enough for what I want to do primarily with it however I do want to start reloading some .270. Primarily Ive always wanted to get into shooting .50 cal BMG, and I currently have my sights set on the Barrett M107A1. I would like to load my own rounds for this and I plan on acquiring A M107A1 before winter hits, so any help or advice would be much appreciated. As well as a range in the Austin or south Austin Area preferably that can accommodate 1,000yd shooting would be great.

Thanks for having me,
    'J'
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Welcome - have lost a grandmother and several friends to that disease, and it's not easy to go through for the survivors.

Not real familiar with the ranges up in the Austin area, but my mind is saying "Liberty Hill" for some reason - one of the others will be able to tell you for sure. There's a ton of reloaders here, so you should be in good shape with that. I'm pretty useless, unless someone's trying to adopt out a .45.......lol

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yo welcome brother
    Trust you are not alone. Prayers up , and enjoy the fellas on here ..
    Some of the strangest white people I know .

Durango-J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2017
    Austin
    Welcome - have lost a grandmother and several friends to that disease, and it's not easy to go through for the survivors.

Not real familiar with the ranges up in the Austin area, but my mind is saying "Liberty Hill" for some reason - one of the others will be able to tell you for sure. There's a ton of reloaders here, so you should be in good shape with that. I'm pretty useless, unless someone's trying to adopt out a .45.......lol

I found one in Liberty Hill area that goes out to a 1000yds but they do not allow AP, which I keep being told is more accurate than ball. same thing for the one I found out close to lockhart area. Not sure why it would matter so long as there is a berm. Ive got 3,000 acres but its right outside of Texarkana where I grew up and that is 400 miles from my door step. I suppose Ill have to stick with Ball ammo which is fine especially when I start reloading, however I can find surplus ammo in AP for not much more than what new brass costs.

I took my daughter to Cabellas today and ended up chatting with some of the guys in the firearm section and one of them told me there is a range somewhere close to New Braunfels and that he thought the guy was adding in a long distance portion to his property. Dont suppose you know anything about that?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Howdy and welcome to TGT from east Houston! A few of our members shoot the 50 BMG and have a wealth of information. Glad you're here!

Flash

Top Bottom