• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Just checking in as I quit following the bullshitters long ago.

Did they hit the air bag or the payload?

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    329006281_5939184766196553_4449745132368783535_n.jpg

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    More info has come out...

Oh, brother. They didn't spy on US. We spied on THEM.

Oh, and also: those docs in the Corvette garage were secure!

ETA - I don't buy the Government propaganda, but the U-2 is one amazing aircraft.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Oh, brother. They didn't spy on US. We spied on THEM.

Oh, and also: those docs in the Corvette garage were secure!

Using U2s to study it makes sense - especially from a signals intelligence standpoint. The page the article's from has a pretty good track record of being accurate...and it's not just some dude's blog, which is where a lot of folks around here seem to be sourcing their "facts".

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Some background from my half-century in Aviation:

Our satellites and RADAR installations saw the balloon coming for hundreds of miles. Our MiLitary KNEW !

Approaching any sovereign Nation with an identified, unannounced aircraft of ANY KIND is verboten.

The device should have been destroyed when it was hundreds of miles over the PACIFIC.

Biden has sold us all out.

leVieux

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Using U2s to study it makes sense - especially from a signals intelligence standpoint. The page the article's from has a pretty good track record of being accurate...and it's not just some dude's blog, which is where a lot of folks around here seem to be sourcing their "facts".

Combat Sent also spent some time sniffing it.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    <>

Some background from my half-century in Aviation:

Our satellites and RADAR installations saw the balloon coming for hundreds of miles. Our MiLitary KNEW !

Approaching any sovereign Nation with an unmanned, unannounced aircraft of ANY KIND is verboten.

The device should have been destroyed when it was hundreds of miles over the PACIFIC.

Biden has sold us all out.

leVieux

Let's see...I'm trying to find anywhere anyone here has said differently...

Yeah. Not finding it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Tyler tends to be very accurate when it is well researched. Shit that happens on the fly, well he speculates just like the rest of us and makes some minor errors. But he did well on being the first (that I saw) to speculate it was a Sidewinder.

His work on the R9X was my favorite.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Tyler tends to be very accurate when it is well researched. Shit that happens on the fly, well he speculates just like the rest of us and makes some minor errors. But he did well on being the first (that I saw) to speculate it was a Sidewinder.

His work on the R9X was my favorite.

I've been fairly well impressed with that site for a few years now. And they're not shy about updating, correcting, and pointing out the new information they receive.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    Can't help wondering if it was a trial run for airborne distribution. Kinda like 'small pox blankets'. Very suspicious, but I used to work for the gov't too.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Copied from a fakebook post:

The risk from the Chinese Spy Balloon goes far beyond the gathering of surveillance footage.
    In WWII Japan used balloons to carry small payloads such as incendiary and explosive devices. What they proved was a balloon's ability to successfully carry a small payload thousands of miles.
    What makes this an incredible risk is even more deadly payloads such as biological or chemical weapons can be used. Let me give you a couple facts to show you what I mean.
    The latest virus that brought America to its knees, if kept at 40 degrees Fahrenheit, can survive for up to 28 days.
    Once released, viruses can survive in the air, pending the virus, for anywhere from hours to days.
    Being a retired engineering scientist (rocket scientist) I could easily design a lightweight system to carry a live virus maintained at 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
    I could have the virus suspended in a transfer medium that allowed aerosol-size emissions while having a weight that would cause it to float to the ground at a reasonable speed rather than remain in the upper elevations.
    I could place a remote-activated propulsion system (think aerosol hairspray) that would begin emissions on demand and continue to spread for days as the balloon continued its course.
    In a matter of days, such a weapon could infect millions while someone like Joe waited for it to complete its course across the continental US and by the time the incubation of the virus was complete and we realized a virus had been released, it would be too late.
    THIS is not a conspiracy theory. THIS is coming from a person who has the experience and education to design such a weapon
    It wasn't about taking some pictures. China tested us. They saw that our current admin would allow a balloon to completely cross our nation before taking action...
    This time was a test... The NEXT TIME it may be much more devastating than a nuclear weapon...
    Walter Bob Reid
    Retired Aerospace Engineering Scientist

Top Bottom