• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    So we traveled from The Woodlands to Cuero this past weekend for Turkey Fest. Ruby Begonia beat Paycheck. WooooooHoooooo!!! My in laws have quite a few cats around the ranch for snake and mouse control and one of them just had a litter about 7 weeks ago.

We left yesterday to come back home at 1:30 and finally arrived home at 5:30ish. There was a huge back up between Sealy and Brookshire on I-10. So I am driving to work this morning and every time I stopped at a light or stop sign I hear meow, meow. I pull in the parking lot open the hood and there is a kitten sitting on my engine coolant reservoir. Damn little cat stayed up under the hood since 1:30 yesterday afternoon, all night and I pulled it out this morning. Good thing I teach at a High School and the AG department keeps cat and dog food on hand. One of the AG students called home and the mother came up to get the kitty.

This cat is a survivor!
    Guns International

Attachments

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 206

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Wow! Amazing story. My old cat jumped up into grandpa's truck and got severely cut up by the fan as HKUSP1 described. It actually lived for many years after that. Guess they really do have 9 lives. While you and your family are invited for dinner on Tuesday, please leave cat at home. Lol.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    ChunkyMonkey recently acquired a cat that hid in his wife's car under the hood during a 15 minute car ride.

he went from no way to having a cat, to yes dear in only a few.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    My MIL had an old 68 Galaxy 500 with a 428 HiPo in it, so it weighed a couple of tone easy. The family cat liked to sleep on the front tire until one day MIL came out to go to the store. She backed out until she heard the cat scream, and then stopped the car to get out. I had the front tire on TOP of the cat. She freaked-out and ran inside. When my wife came out with her brother and sister she yelled at MIL to move the car, which she complied. The cat lived for many years after this, and the only side effect for any time was the cat's eyes wer bugged-out.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    There are so many cats around here, I have to check under the vehicles before I move them. In colder weather, I always pop the hood to make sure no critters crawled into the engine compartment to stay warm.

Last December, my wife started up her car and heard an odd sound under the hood. When she got out of the car, she saw a badly injured Possum slither away in great pain. It died before I could dispatch it with a .22.

Just the year before, she ran over her favorite 18-year old cat that liked to sleep under her car.

Our washing machine crapped out yesterday, and today I bought a new one; she made me return it because it was not big enough to wash her bed spreads -- which has never been an issue in the past (just took them to the cleaners).

Note to men everywhere: Cats will f*** you up, and don't ever buy a washing machine unless the old lady gets a vote!

It ain't like buying a riding mower, cause they will never mow the yard while you are around.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Well I am glad the cat found it's way to a good home. It just amazes me that a little kitten stayed put for a 4-5 hour car trip at 80mph. Stranger things have happened.

Top Bottom