• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Update; Way back in 1993 or 4 I had a gun smith do a little work on a 1911 for me at the Pasadena Gun Show.
    I found him a again. He only works on 1911's. He is local to the Houston area. I think he is very good. I have spoken to sever others and
    Most have heard of him. He has worked on about 4 of my 1911’s now and I could not be happier.
    His name is John, and if you would like to get a hold of him just shoot me a pm.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I would strongly recommend Ed Vandenberg of Vanden Berg Custom, www.vandenbergcustom.com/
    He's a member of the American Pistolsmiths Guild and does first rate work at a good price. He's working on a Colt Combat Commander for me right now.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Does Ed Vandenberg work on SnW Revolvers? I need a 686 fixed up to use Moon Clips.
    Thank you, but for my 1911's, I take my guy. He has worked on several for me and they are top rate.
    Besides he won the World Championship shooting a 1911. I feel he knows how to work on them.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I don't think Vandenberg does revolver work. I'm looking for someone to rechamber a S&W model 58 for me. If you find a really good revolver smith, please post his name and address.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    +1 on Vandenberg

Not sure if does work on revolvers. But all it takes is a phone call or an email and ask. I been going to him recently as he is close to where I live and is easy to talk to.

My only complaint is he does take the copius amount of money I am willing to throw at him.

"Does it do all that you want it to do?"
    "Yes"
    "Then use that money for more ammo"

Nice guy and is straight up with you.

300LW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    Brenham
    Is Eddie Jimenea still in business? Haven't seen anything on him in years. Also, does anyone have an email address for him?

Top Bottom