• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    A good friend of mine is looking for someone who will let he and I test fire his Barret.

The plan is to spray paint a few plywood sheets with a 5x5 target just to get a feel of a 1000 yd shot .and perhaps sight in the rifle.

The place obviously has to have an excellent back stop or a good amount of land beyond the targets.

He and i are both willing to pay a decent amount to set up and use your property for a little while as well as clean up and let the land provider fire off a little his or herself.

We won't be firing any penetrator,incendiary or tracers so no worries about fire hazards etc. just standard fmj's

Pm me with any questions or details.

My buddy is located in Prosper TX and im here in Houston but anywhere in between is ok just let me know.
    Lynx Defense

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    Doesnt Tiger Valley have a 1K range? What about Best of The West?

I think Spartan Tactical (?) should also have a 1K range and then there is a place up near Fort Sill in Okiehomo.

Personally I'd just setup in the median of I35. That should be safe. ;)

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Doesnt Tiger Valley have a 1K range? What about Best of The West?

I think Spartan Tactical (?) should also have a 1K range and then there is a place up near Fort Sill in Okiehomo.

Personally I'd just setup in the median of I35. That should be safe. ;)

Thanks I've only recently heard of Tiger Valley as for the other places i'll have to do some googling.

I was only asking about a private landowner because we are trying to design a firing platform from a truck bed and would like to test that also

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Not sure if the EH location means East Houston or not but if it does ASC in West Houston has a 600yd and im not sure if they finished the 1000yd one.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    50 from a platform on the back of a pickup......I think I mentioned something about teenagers, video cameras, skateboards and jack daniels on another thread....I think it applies here as well. ;)

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    50 from a platform on the back of a pickup......I think I mentioned something about teenagers, video cameras, skateboards and jack daniels on another thread....I think it applies here as well. ;)

How many teenagers do you know that can afford $960 dollars for a Barrett soft mount and $7,500 bucks for a Barrett that costs a little over $2.90 a round to shoot.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Plenty, but more are of legal drinking age ;)

My buddy lives in Prosper a little north of you.Why don't you just meet up with us sometime. I'm going to be headed that way in mid Feb. I'f you happen to carry Safeco auto insurance or work in a body shop there is a chance you have run into him anyway.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I believe an event is being organized at TopGun for the 20th of next month. Should be a great opportunity to meet some of the other folks that inhabit this place.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    Works for me man. I had also been looking at that Best of The West website and their's says 250 yds.+. Since it sounds like you have been there have you ever gotten a look at how much plus?

Top Gun is up to 500yds. correct.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    500 yards.

The facility is a work in progress but the owner is nice and doing his best to build something good. You won't dig the CostCo card table benches, but they get the job done. He also has a birm for shooting prone with room for 3 shooters. When I was there last time he was talking about extending it another 10 feet to make more room. Everybody wants to shoot prone. Guess with card tables its understandable.

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    500 yards.

The facility is a work in progress but the owner is nice and doing his best to build something good. You won't dig the CostCo card table benches, but they get the job done. He also has a birm for shooting prone with room for 3 shooters. When I was there last time he was talking about extending it another 10 feet to make more room. Everybody wants to shoot prone. Guess with card tables its understandable.

I think for any other rifle platform the tables would be ok.I've only been out with him once to fire it and it was at a deer lease in Jewett and we had it sand bagged there.Either way both ranges look like nice places and Best in the West has a nice site.

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    use my nra.org and wheretoshoot search engines in my signature.

south of shreveport, la there is a range that is 1000 and allows 50 cal.

most places that have 1000 want you to qualify first before you shoot 1000.

tac pro in mingus outside of ft worth goes to 1000.

Top Gun Private Shooting Club - Home (where I go) only goes to 500 and 416 is largest allowed.

houston has many ranges that go past 100yds (dfw does not) but I dont know if they allow 50cal.

wish you well.

Top Bottom