• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    FOUND ONE. Thanks ya'll

Hey guys, I'm looking for a 1911 suitable for carry, Like a Colt Defender, SA Champion or Ultra compact or similar. 3.5" or 4" barrel.

Let me know what you got.
    Lynx Defense

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Not what you are looking for but might take a look at the Rock Island Armory Compact Tactical on Gun Broker sold by Bellshirearms or the Citadel Compact. Both made by the same company, great reviews, and super customer service. Neither will break the bank and are readily available. Have the RIA Compact Tactical on it's way to me now.

jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    I have the RIA Compact CS. Really love it except for the sights which I'm in the process of hunting for a gunsmith to change them out. Mine has the GI sights on it. The Compact Tactical comes with better sights. Its the bottom one in this picture. Was $390 at Champion Firearms in College Station. They have the Tactical for $460 this past Friday.

jsbcats-albums-1911-picture501-img-0748.jpg

roman

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Go an extra few hundred and get a Kimber. Night sights magwell rtc standard and a much higher quality gun. My 2 cents.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What a lot of us (myself included) have to remember is that for a lot of folks - especially the younger shooters - $700 is a LOT of dough. $4-500 is barely doable for 'em, so it behooves us to give them some kinda guidance w/regards to those guns...
    I came across a High Standard Crusader Compact (3.5" barrel) last year as part of a "package deal" - I figured to take it to the range, shoot it to be sure it was okay, and then sell it - after all, it's a "budget gun". Funny thing is....after going to the range and not being able to get a SINGLE FTF/FTE outta ANY kind of ammo with ANY kinda mag, I decided it was worth holding on to. You can find 'em in the 4-500 range - in fact, there's one here: [url]http://www.gunsamerica.com/942648552/Guns/Pistols/1911-Pistol-Copies/HIGH_STANDARD_CRUSADER_COMPACT_1911.htm[/URL]

IMO, they're one of the nicest "budget" compact 45's out there right now.

riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    Thanks for the ideas, guys. I'm still shopping around. Most of the offers I've had so far were for good used pistols, but they want more for em than I could pay for brand new.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Cabela's has one of those High Standards right now in Buda, I thought it felt like a nice piece, but the price did throw me off a little...

Worth looking into for the OP for sure...

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    What're they askin' for it?

I think it was $499, Travis could verify that if someone was interested...

it was new with no questionable history, looked and felt like a great quality starter .45 for the money...

I think I am going to head up there tomorrow again and check out some refinishing kits and I can try to remember to look at it again... of course plans could change...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They are great 45's - and not just as "starters". There's one in my collection - which includes Wilsons, Randalls, Sigs, etc. - and it's not a "poor cousin". IMO, it's a reliable little workhorse, ideal for times when I want to carry a gun I know is solid, but for whatever reason don't want to leave the house w/a $1k gun on my hip.

Top Bottom