• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I've been looking for a crossdraw holster for my 4 1/2" S&W model 629. While I'll be OC'n most of the time, I'd like to be able to carry my S&W CC once in a while for short periods of time. Looking for a holster that holds the barrel as close to the belt-line as possible for easier coverage by a jacket or vest. The only two rigs I know of are the Bianchi and the Galco Patriot. Can anyone here advise how close to horizontal they ride; or else recommend another rig that does? Thanks much!!
    Texas SOT

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    The link below is for a guy that has made a few or four holsters for me in various configurations and for various sidearms. My favorite holster and the one I wear almost exclusively is the QSBTP. Give him a call and I bet he can help you get what you need.

http://www.jeffreycustomleather.com/

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    More comfortable to wear when driving, or riding a horse or motorcycle. Big problem for me, I've been having trouble with my lower back on right side. I've been carrying my daily carry in a cross draw holster much of the time with much less pain/trouble. With summer coming on, I'll be wearing a revolver more often for cookouts, get togethers and shooting with friends. Thought I'd give the cross draw a try, and see if it helps with carrying a heavier gun. I know after I pack my 5 1/2" Black Hawk Bisley .45 Colt a few hours strongside, I feel it for a couple days.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    My smaller revolvers ride in a cross draw. The bigger ones on a shoulder model that allows for it to hang across my abdomen. Tripple K 603BP3. I spend a lot of hours on a Tractor and ATV in brush and timber. Side ride is just not safe.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    More comfortable to wear when driving, or riding a horse or motorcycle. Big problem for me, I've been having trouble with my lower back on right side. I've been carrying my daily carry in a cross draw holster much of the time with much less pain/trouble. With summer coming on, I'll be wearing a revolver more often for cookouts, get togethers and shooting with friends. Thought I'd give the cross draw a try, and see if it helps with carrying a heavier gun. I know after I pack my 5 1/2" Black Hawk Bisley .45 Colt a few hours strongside, I feel it for a couple days.

The problem is cross draw gives a longer draw stroke, potentially giving you more opportunities to flag people you don't want to point a gun at. A crossdraw can also present some retention issues.

Me personally, I'd rather carry a smaller/lighter gun than give up strong side carry.

Top Bottom