• ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Is this flashlight pocketable for EDC?

No... BUt there is a great thread on TGT started by London about pocket sized flashlights you can build yourself with 450 lumens for approx 30$. Solarforce body with Cree drop in. I carry an extra in my EDC bag. For pocket carry I use a Fenix PD20 or PD30 depending on how the mood strikes me.
    Guns International

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Eagletac is an American company but the lights are made in China.

I have the D25C, hits 400+ lumens, fits in the coin pocket of jeans, and is $50ish. I love the thing.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    u want a 2 battery, AA light with a button on the SIDE of the light, so that your weak hand's thumb can both hold the light ad work the button, while not changing your 2 handed grip on the pistol, at ALL. All this changing your grip/stance, just because some IDIOT put the switch on the butt end of the light is stupidity at its worst. KISS says that you will do what you have trained to do MOST, so you'd better keep your basic defensive response the SAME, light or no light.

Once again you have no idea.........

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    u want a 2 battery, AA light with a button on the SIDE of the light, so that your weak hand's thumb can both hold the light ad work the button, while not changing your 2 handed grip on the pistol, at ALL. All this changing your grip/stance, just because some IDIOT put the switch on the butt end of the light is stupidity at its worst. KISS says that you will do what you have trained to do MOST, so you'd better keep your basic defensive response the SAME, light or no light.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, may I ask where you got your training so I can never go there?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

WTF are you talking about? Tailcap switches make more sense for handling a light the way a shooter is going to handle a light.

Have fun with your Mini Mag Lite though...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

Gecko 45, ladies and gentlemen.

68blackbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Corpus Christi
    Just to throw out another option, I got one of these for the wife....it was too cool to get just one though... salute.gif

Police Force 5,000,000 Tactical Flashlight / Stungun

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    guy has some interesting posts. Has a bunch to learn yet is an encyclopedia of things he'd like others to know.

No offense to whatever service he may have been in the past, whatever sacrifices made. That guy sounded like someone for whom the intended life-long learning process stopped a bit too soon, with not much else learned since. We should always be worried about becoming "that guy", and keep seeking out knowledge.

There are many ways, and no one single "perfect" way. The technique he mentioned can certainly work, and it's one tool for the toolbox. May be less than optimal in quite a few situations also. That being said, to generalize entire other designs of which there has been significant study and significant development as well as training focus by a whole lot of qualified end users and trainers...that's stupid. Whether you're using neck index, harries, or any of the other techniques, the side mounted flash light button proves to be one of the most difficult to work with while still maintaining the ability to have momentary on/off.

For anyone wanting to learn more about low-light training, I'd highly recommend reading up on every article you can find from Ken J. Good, as well as buying his book:

Progressive Combat Solutions LLC - Ken J. Good

He has been one of the innovators in the realm of low-light training for many years.

Top Bottom