• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darron Wyke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2017
    Fort Worth, TX
    Howdy folks. I'm looking to move my credit union over from California to here after they almost cost me my new home. Some banks and credit unions here are notoriously un-gun-friendly, and I don't know of any that are either neutral or friendly towards gun owners.

A pro to any that has safe deposit boxes, as I've got stuff that would be good to keep there. Another pro to any that has flexible business hours, as many financial institutions don't have 'after hours' hours.

That said, open to suggestions. Throw 'em out.
    Capitol Armory ad

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've got a bank (only one branch in a very small town) that is about as pro 2a as I've seen.

They took the standard ghostbusters, no guns allowed on these premises sign and removed the line through the circle and the words "no" and "allowed".

Had to do a double take the first time I saw it. What it says now is, guns on these premises.

Most of the credit unions I've been in have not been posted, but most also keep regular bankers hours. Safe deposit boxes should be easy to find in most of them.

And keep an open mind about some banks. I get a better interest rate on a savings account at my bank than I do at my credit union.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Texas Partners Credit Union is 30.07 posted simply not to cause any problems with the visual of a gun in a bank. But the branxh manager told me they don't personally have any problems with concealed carry. I don't know if they're up in your area.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    If you'll keep track, you'll notice that there are many members here who don't fess up to breaking the law unnecessarily.
    ETA-Did you finish putting that 2nd coat of polish on the car?:green:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    IDK how a bank could be gun friendly or unfriendly? My bank (Texas Bank and Trust) lets you carry into the branch office, no signs legit or otherwise, no squeaks.

Biff Tannen

SIG Fan Boy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2017
    Forney, TX
    If you'll keep track, you'll notice that there are many members here who don't fess up to breaking the law unnecessarily.
    ETA-Did you finish putting that 2nd coat of polish on the car?:green:

Are you saying this to let me know that i shouldn't, or that you wish more people did?

And I'm just finishing up the second coat now!

Darron Wyke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2017
    Fort Worth, TX
    I've got a bank (only one branch in a very small town) that is about as pro 2a as I've seen.

They took the standard ghostbusters, no guns allowed on these premises sign and removed the line through the circle and the words "no" and "allowed".

Had to do a double take the first time I saw it. What it says now is, guns on these premises.

Most of the credit unions I've been in have not been posted, but most also keep regular bankers hours. Safe deposit boxes should be easy to find in most of them.

And keep an open mind about some banks. I get a better interest rate on a savings account at my bank than I do at my credit union.
    Interesting. Let me know who it's with (either here or PM). I tend to prefer credit unions since they're member driven and have better benefits, like low/no fees, better interest rates, etc. but I'm considering any option now.

If you were in Austin, I could help but....
    I'm not turning down any suggestions. I do nearly everything online, so if I have to drive to Austin once every few years, no big deal.

Texas Partners Credit Union is 30.07 posted simply not to cause any problems with the visual of a gun in a bank. But the branxh manager told me they don't personally have any problems with concealed carry. I don't know if they're up in your area.
    That's called being un-friendly. 30.06 or 30.07 gets none of my business.

IDK how a bank could be gun friendly or unfriendly? My bank (Texas Bank and Trust) lets you carry into the branch office, no signs legit or otherwise, no squeaks.
    Posting no carry (concealed or open), restricting services to gun owners or prohibiting them, etc.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Posting no carry (concealed or open), restricting services to gun owners or prohibiting them, etc.

No signs to that effect posted at any of the branches of my bank, and what I do with my money they do not care about at all.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Interesting. Let me know who it's with (either here or PM). I tend to prefer credit unions since they're member driven and have better benefits, like low/no fees, better interest rates, etc. but I'm considering any option now.

Cowboy Bank of Texas located in Maypearl. http://www.cowboybank.com/pagethree.htm

I actually moved money out of a credit union because the bank had better rates, and a better mobile app that even includes remote deposit by taking a picture of a check.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Right? All that internet jabbering about how awesome credit unions are, I checked some out in the area and none of them had anything better to offer than my good old "Longview Bank and Trust", now "Texas Bank and Trust", and now they even have branches in the DFW area. App for iPhone and Android, check deposit by camera phone, no fees of any kind for anything.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I have been using South Bank since, well since they were a Federal Credit Union back in the 1970s. They don't post signs, fees are non-existent, loan rates seem competitive, though I've not borrowed from them in forever. Good people, good website, good app etc.
    I can also recommend Bank of Texas. I have had accounts with them for years. Lowest mortgage rate in the area when I refinanced last year.
    Both have branches around Ft Worth, South Bank probably a few more.

Top Bottom