• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Most of that chunk of steel is the blade. The thinner part that's partially separated (that I'm praying is the right proportions...) is the handle-to-be, once it's rotated up 90 degrees. You'll see.
    Have that process filmed. That will be cool.
    Target Sports

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Some times, you'll see some excellent 'cleaver work' done by Kanan Badalov or his butcher on YT. His most recent episode had his butcher break down a big ram at times using a cleaver.

AlmazanKitchen on YT too often includes 'cleaver work' - Interesting stuff!

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Today's results:

20221204_174621.jpg

Working on editing the video tonight.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Just catching up on this thread. This is going to be fun to follow.

Congrats Zod on pursuing a craftsman trade in your after hours. I’ve been dreaming of doing similar lately. I will live vicariously through you for now.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Just catching up on this thread. This is going to be fun to follow.

Congrats Zod on pursuing a craftsman trade in your after hours. I’ve been dreaming of doing similar lately. I will live vicariously through you for now.

I highly recommend it if you've got a workspace. Getting started costs less than $500.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Doesn't a proper anvil cost that much?

A good, large anvil costs double that or more. The little 66lb anvil I bought off Amazon was $150 and it has performed extremely well for me.

I spent a weekend refinishing the anvil because the original finish was crap, built a stand for it with 4x4s and allthread screws, used some flat steel bar and lag bolts to secure the anvil down, and for about $200 it was ready to go. Another couple hundred for the two burner propane forge (and a weekend invested in setting it up), and then a bit here and there for propane, a ball peen hammer, a foot tub full of water and some steel, and before I knew it I was watching YouTube instructional videos and smacking steel.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Damn Zod you need to get the Destroyer out there bang on that steel like he does with a rifle on plates!

I still have not used my fireplace tongs. The thought of burning wood that I might really need next month & February & cleaning the fireplace put me on hold.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Damn Zod you need to get the Destroyer out there bang on that steel like he does with a rifle on plates!

I still have not used my fireplace tongs. The thought of burning wood that I might really need next month & February & cleaning the fireplace put me on hold.

I'll be very interested in a range report when you do. They were definitely a first for me.

Top Bottom