• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Overall I'd say I've got a pretty balanced collection. A lil bit of this and that. I have decent stores of ammo and a steel range w/150 ish yards to shoot from a solid bench if desired. Recently I've thought about a few ponies I'd like to add to the stable.

I bought a Scorpion Evo pistol a while back with the intention of sbr'ng it but that's on the back burner. In the meantime, I'm wanting a new range toy. Not necessarily a precision rifle and I'm not wanting to get into a new caliber. Which brings me to the present.

Topping my list would be a cz scorpion carbine. Naturally, I've already got mags but knowing the sbr is a possibility along with the recent price increases. I'm looking at alternatives. As far as PCCs, I've considered jr carbines, kriss, mectech conversions but I keep ogling the HK usc.

As far as pistols go, I really like the thought of a full size chambered in 38 super or 45 acp. Since I already own 1911 versions of both, I'm looking at something different like a cz 97 or witness/elite.

Also making the list a nice lever action chambered in 357 mag. The Henry side gates look awesome although a puma ranks up there too. Those are last on the list only because I have the least 38/357 ammo to burn.

Given about a $1500 Max budget, what would you buy ?
    Texas SOT

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    JM .357mag Marlin lever. Have one in .44mag and 30-30. Great guns. Can't find one in .357 or I would buy it myself.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The trigger on the CZ Scorpion sucks, out of the box. The CZ feels a Mattel firearm, all plastic. A Sig MPX, or a real or copy of an HK94/MP5/SP5 is a much better choice.

Personally I really like the HK form factor. Lots of accessories, and all parts are readily available.

TexMex247, it looks like we both joined TGT the same week...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I might just add that the HK platform is very suppressor friendly, if you lean that way. The difference between a simple blowback bolt, vs a delayed roller bolt is significant, at least for me.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    usc isn't worth it unless you go all the way with it and make it a ump conversion. and believe me, once you get the usc, you will convert it. so add a lot of money on top of the 1500 for just the usc.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As far as PCCs, I've considered jr carbines
    Don't. BTDT and regretted it.

A JR Carbine was my bumpfire-stocked rifle back before I dutifully destroyed my bump stock, totally in compliance with ATF instructions. Those carbines are clunky, heavy, and awkward. The reliability, though, was what killed it for me. Sometimes I could rip off multiple mag dumps with no problems. On another day, I couldn't get it to fire 3 shots without a failure, all while using the same ammo and the same mags. I've seen where people have worked on them to make them reliable but I'm not going through multiple range trips and all the ammo that would require, at least not with the cost of ammo these days. For the foreseeable future that rifle will stay in storage, in the back, behind pretty much everything else.

I suppose I ought to sell it but I don't want to just dump my bad judgement on someone else.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    Overall I'd say I've got a pretty balanced collection. A lil bit of this and that. I have decent stores of ammo and a steel range w/150 ish yards to shoot from a solid bench if desired. Recently I've thought about a few ponies I'd like to add to the stable.

I bought a Scorpion Evo pistol a while back with the intention of sbr'ng it but that's on the back burner. In the meantime, I'm wanting a new range toy. Not necessarily a precision rifle and I'm not wanting to get into a new caliber. Which brings me to the present.

Topping my list would be a cz scorpion carbine. Naturally, I've already got mags but knowing the sbr is a possibility along with the recent price increases. I'm looking at alternatives. As far as PCCs, I've considered jr carbines, kriss, mectech conversions but I keep ogling the HK usc.

As far as pistols go, I really like the thought of a full size chambered in 38 super or 45 acp. Since I already own 1911 versions of both, I'm looking at something different like a cz 97 or witness/elite.

Also making the list a nice lever action chambered in 357 mag. The Henry side gates look awesome although a puma ranks up there too. Those are last on the list only because I have the least 38/357 ammo to burn.

Given about a $1500 Max budget, what would you buy ?
    Go for a Grand Power Stribog A1-Gen II 1000 rounds of 9mm through mine, not 1 hiccup.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well the HK usc and witness elite auctions got too rich for my blood so no new toy yet. Since I've got a small pile of new 357 brass on the way the lever gun is still in play. I knew a guy with one of those 22 gatlins and it never ran that reliably for him. Cool idea though.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    If you want it it’s yours! The wife was just saying what fine gentlemen you & Kevin were for walking her across the ice!
    I appreciate the offer my brutha...but hold on to it... 22lr is getting too expensive even for normal semi auto use. That thing would blow a huge hole in my ammo stash just for the smile factor :laughing:

Tell mama it was our pleasure to help on the ice. I would have felt bad if i just turned my back & she had fallen.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    What about the Ruger PC Carbine? I hear a lot of good things about it. Currently $1500 doesn’t get you much in the PCC world. I have a Scorpion that I modified and it’s my favorite by far. You can get the HBI trigger kit for like $15 and it makes a world of difference. I also have an HK SP5 and while it shoots great and cool factor, it rarely leaves the safe. Even the MP5 copies are demanding crazy prices right now

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

Top Bottom