• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coach9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2020
    San Antonio
    Hi guys. New member. Tired of the gun range. Looking for a place in San Antonio I can take my 22's and plink. Know of any?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I know what you are looking for and sadly the answer is there is none. Unlike some states with huge tracts of BLM land, Texas, or at least anywhere near civilization is quite the opposite. Best I find is Cedar Ridge during the week if I want to shoot without no one next to me or even on the same bay.

Welcome aboard.

Gabelthebagel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2020
    US
    I'd say explore on your own when I'm not in the mood to shoot at a range I shoot by the brazos river never been bothered but maybe there isn't too many secluded river spots around San antone

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Howdy. What part of San Antonio? There’s pretty much a range within 30 minutes of anywhere.

If you’re not from around here, as @Southpaw mentioned Texas doesn’t do BLM land. Short version is we didn’t trade land for debt relief when joining the Union.

coach9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2020
    San Antonio
    I know what you are looking for and sadly the answer is there is none. Unlike some states with huge tracts of BLM land, Texas, or at least anywhere near civilization is quite the opposite. Best I find is Cedar Ridge during the week if I want to shoot without no one next to me or even on the same bay.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    coach9mm,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I know of NONE since my friend John L. sold his piece of land out toward Bandera.

If you find a spot, PM me please.

yours, satx

coach9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2020
    San Antonio
    During the week, Lonestar Handgun range is pretty good. It’s all metal targets, so lots of actual “plink”‘s

Appreciate the referral. Went to Lonestar today and shot 4 hours. Had a good time. My 22's finally got some plinking in. Had to keep the party going so brought out the 9mm pistols and they loved the metal targets as well. Thanks again.

Top Bottom