Texas SOT

Looking for a project gun, Mosin, Enfield, Shotgun, 22, lever gun, in need of TLC..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Looking to pick up a fairly cheap project gun, something that needs refinishing, wood and or metal, maybe needs a few parts, has a stuck bolt or something?? Not wanting to spend very much, something that needs some work and can be made shootable. PM me with what you have that you might want to get rid of. Thanks!
    Hurley's Gold

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Re: Looking for a project gun, Mosin, Enfield, Shotgun, 22, lever gun, in need of TLC

If you want to go old school, I have a Remington 1889 Grade 3 (the one with the awesome damascus barrels) with a broken stock. Needs polish and refinishing, and the wrist is cracked so you would get to do wood repair and refinishing too.

Alex

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    Re: Looking for a project gun, Mosin, Enfield, Shotgun, 22, lever gun, in need of TLC

I have several that might qualify in this thread:
    http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/guns-sale/24612-sale-several-firearms-ft-hood-area.html
    here's the list just for a quick read
    NEF Handi-rifle SB1 receiver, plagued with misfires; so essentially unfired/new except for $50
    Disassembly dings, shaved hammer face, firing pin spring clipped, and maybe other internal dings but I wouldn’t know as I hope to never disassemble this thing again, new-in-package-replacement hammer comes with it; fix it yourself; as is

1888 Commission GEW rifle barreled action, complete bolt, extra shroud; $75

extra shroud has rear sight leaf spring attached,
    sold as is! MEGA-rust on shroud has been de-rusted with Evapo-rust,

leaving holes etc in the original shroud, extra shroud is fine, barrel is de-rusted but old

1891 Argentine receiver (2 of these) $ 30 each
    1898 Oviedo Mauser receiver with trigger and bolt, and loose 16.5” 6.5x55mm Swedish Barrel $ 100 for all (seperately: receiver/trigger: $ 50 ,bolt:$ 30 ,6.5barrel:$ 40 )
    (planned
    to make myself a nice 6.5 swede carbine, but never got to it)- all are old, so sold as is.

Also found a mauser rear sight replacement scopemount in the box with this antique mauser stuff, missing mounting screws $ 20

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

still looking for a project.....
    would also consider a pistol...
    CZ 50,70,52 or 82
    .38 special revolver 3 or 4 inch barrel (S&W K frame type/Taurus 82...)

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

I've got an old Winchester 1897 12ga that needs fixing up. I'd let go cheap.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

still looking for a project..... mosin, enfield, shotgun
    would also consider a pistol...
    CZ 50,70,52 or 82
    .38 special revolver 3 or 4 inch barrel (S&W K frame type/Taurus 82...)​

Top Bottom