• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    As the title says I am looking for some new glass for my Savage 10fp. I have a POS tasco that isnt holding zero anymore and its time to replace it. I really don't want to spend more then 250-300 but will spend some more if I have to.

I would like at something with up to 24x magnification, would like a mill dot reticle and side duplex adjustment. Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at the Barska and BSA scopes but I am a little worried I am just going to be doing this dance again in 2-3 years.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Check out Vortex scopes.. I think they might have something in that range. I would say a super sniper.. but the prices have gone way up on them, however you might be able to find a used one. I think 16x is as high as they go though.

Another great scope is the Falcon menace... It is a MOA scope.. if you can get a moa reticle instead of a mil.. Just my opinion.

Check out reviews here..It will help. Are you trying to do long range shooting? Sniper Central - Scope Reviews

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I would advise against BSA, Tasco and Barska. Everyone I know who has used their high powered scopes has been disappointed. I’ve got a Nikon 6-18x40mm that I bought new for $200-250 for a few years ago that has been beat up, taken through hell and is still holding zero on top of a Savage 10fp of mine. I’ve also got a Millet 4-16x50mm that I picked up new for $200 a while back that has yet to be used, but I’ve been hearing good things about them.

Castrolr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I have a burris signature series 8-32x44 i'd sell you if you are interested... in your price range

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    osprey 6-24x50mm, 30mm tube, side focus, and gathers light real well at dusk...

under 200 if you shop around... i just put one on my AR and i like it. Also has mildot reticle, with RED and GREEN illumination, with adjustable brightness.

very rock solid scope.

Did yours come with a sunshade? Do you know if they make one if it didnt come with it?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Redfields are comparable with a Leupold VX-II, and carry a lifetime warranty for the original owner. They only go up to a 14x though.

As far as scopes are concerned, if you are doing long range shooting, buy a good scope and don't be afraid to invest a little.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom