ARJ Defense ad

Looking for a shop to buy around a Gallon of decent automotive paint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    any one have a shop to recommend that sells automotive paint ? I will need a gallon and the additives. I am planning on going with dodge challengers destroyer gray or something close to that.

I am new at it and not to sure on brands. Its going on a daily driver not a show truck and will live outside most of the time.
    Target Sports

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    If you have the paint code, any shop can mix it up.

The code tells the shop how to make it...there are so many paint colors out there, they don't really order it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So with english color if you order DAC the code for the paint I want do they mix it while you wait ? or is it something to order in advance and pick up a week latter ?

I understand about the different types of paint just looking for a place that will mix up that color

You could go to a body shop supplier like English Color or just buy a DIY kit from Eastwood or the like. There are systems too. Lacquer, enamel, urethane, water based. It's a whole lot to jump into without any experience.

http://www.eastwood.com/paints.html

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Decent automotive paints can be very expensive, some can cost $500 - $600 a pint. Usually urethane or enamel or both, the best may have lacquer in it. Not premium, but decent auto paints are Lesonal, Chromabase and Diamont.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Its a daily driver and I am considering a non metallic gray. Originally was doing white due to it being the safest choice for a beginner. I am still on metal work on the body. I have the hood and 2 front fenders metal work done coated in epoxy primer awaiting body filler and a few coats of feather fill.

I would prefer a local paint source so when I drop the 1/2 gallon I have left I can go get more lol

My biggest call will be single or 2 stage. But with it being outside most of the time and I am not a waxer/polisher I am leaning to 2 stage.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    If you use PPG DP grey sealer one gallon of color should be okay. You'll need reducer and hardener (for the clear), which ones are determined by the temperature when you paint it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom