• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Thanks, Code. Not encouraging, but thanks. I think I found one in Hempstead that my nephew does printing and computer work for that can turn it around fairly quick (about a week) and he's suppose to be be pretty good.

dane421

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    DFW
    Heritage Firearms[SIZE=+1]Heritage Firearms[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]13497 N Highway 183 # 300A[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Austin, TX 78750[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](512) 219-1122‎[/SIZE]

Rumor has it these guys do alot of glock stuff

TR Gram aka glocksmith in houston works for elk river tool and die

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    I had a barrel installed on a M1 Garand receiver at Sportsman's Finest in Bee Cave. Was not happy with them at all. They quoted $60-$65 to do the job but when I picked it up the price had magically changed to $125. The bait-and-switch is a total deal breaker for me. I refuse to spend another penny there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I had a barrel installed on a M1 Garand receiver at Sportsman's Finest in Bee Cave. Was not happy with them at all. They quoted $60-$65 to do the job but when I picked it up the price had magically changed to $125. The bait-and-switch is a total deal breaker for me. I refuse to spend another penny there.

Did you get in writing? Did you ask them to call if it was going to be more than the quote? Did you give them specific instructions? Did they do the work in the timeframe they said it would get done? If not you are partly at fault. Not completely but partly.

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Did you get in writing? Did you ask them to call if it was going to be more than the quote? Did you give them specific instructions? Did they do the work in the timeframe they said it would get done? If not you are partly at fault. Not completely but partly.

The clerks at the store wouldn't even let me talk to the gunsmith when I dropped my parts off. The only communication I got from the gunsmith himself was via voicemail. That, if anywhere, is where I was at fault. I should have walked out right then when they said I couldn't speak directly with the individual doing the work. But, I was lazy and didn't want to go through the hassle of locating another gunsmith.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The clerks at the store wouldn't even let me talk to the gunsmith when I dropped my parts off. The only communication I got from the gunsmith himself was via voicemail. That, if anywhere, is where I was at fault. I should have walked out right then when they said I couldn't speak directly with the individual doing the work. But, I was lazy and didn't want to go through the hassle of locating another gunsmith.

Well you said it yourself. You were NEVER quoted a price by the gunsmith himself. Have you asked to speak with an owner about it? If so have you spoken with an owner?

ALWAYS get the quote from the person doing the work, and get it in writing. The smith is not to blame for some clerk telling you what you want to hear. A cheap lesson learned.

Grandpaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Austin Gun Shop

Stay away from Sportsman's Finest. Their service is very poor. I recently ordered a gun from them by special order. They had the gun for TWO MONTHS before they bothered to call me to come pick it up, I could tell by the date on the order receipt. Unacceptable.

The gunsmith at Sportsman's Finest left because he got tired of their BS. For a good gunsmith go to McBrides and ask for Mark.

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Well, it looks like the poor service at Sportsman's Finest compelled more than one person to make their first posts on this board.

Maybe that should tell you something.

Top Bottom