• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I'm in the market for a new Springfield XDs45 and am having some difficulty finding one local at a decent price. Academy sells them for $550, but finding one is more miss than hit. I can find them on Gunbroker for the same price, but thought I would see if I can support the local economy before resorting to the internet.

I let my fingers do the walking and found a LGS that had them in stock, but they wanted $650. I'm all for supporting the local economy, but $100 is a $100. I'm not willing to pay more than $600 total (tax and/or shipping, transfer fees included). So then, does anyone have a lead on where I can find an XDs local at a decent price?

Thanks!
    Target Sports

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    I just saw one last week at the dallas show for $529 all black. You may have good luck in FTW next week. I got mine for $549 3 months ago at a plae I will never support again (820 and 35W)

Good luck though. I love mine.

Sent from.....

Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I just saw one last week at the dallas show for $529 all black. You may have good luck in FTW next week. I got mine for $549 3 months ago at a plae I will never support again (820 and 35W)

Good luck though. I love mine.

Sent from.....

I know the place you're speaking of and couldn't agree more. I think I'll give the Ft.Worth show a shot next week.

Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    One more thing..... I've never been to a gun show before, so I'm wondering what the general practice is with table vendors for payment. Do most table vendors accept debit/credit cards or is it more of a cash only thing?

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    One more thing..... I've never been to a gun show before, so I'm wondering what the general practice is with table vendors for payment. Do most table vendors accept debit/credit cards or is it more of a cash only thing?

Cash is king. Most vendors tack on 3% for credit cards.

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS

Wow, first show. Thats awesom. I agree with above poster, cash is king. I always plan on spending a handfull of hours at s show. Usually ends up being like 2. Just try and see everything on all the tables. Also know what you are looking for and what its worth. A buddy just got a black xds at academy for I think $569. It took some calling and talking to the guys at the counter, but he did find one.

Good luck.

Sent from...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Carrollton, TX
    They were going for $549 to $669 (all black/bi-tone) at Conroe this weekend. FW is a great choice for your first show.

Bring plenty of cash in advance; the ATM fees are outrageous.

And, most of all, best of luck! You will enjoy that XD-S.

regards,

- jim

Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I gave up trying to find one locally and ended up buying one off of Gunbroker for $529. Shipping was $40 and I used Lewisville Pawn Shop for the FFL transfer, and they only charged $10!

After it was all said and done I paid $579.99. Not too shabby considering I would have paid $20 more at Academy after factoring in tax.

Top Bottom