Hurley's Gold

Looking for a Stocking Dealer of VZ grips (non-online store)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Detritus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Ok I know this may be a long shot but...

Are there any shops in the Houston area that have an actual inventory of at least some of the different VZ grip designs (320's, Aliens, Frags, etc)?

Looking into alternative Grips for mine and my wife's 1911s. But if a shop has a selection of "patterns" that are for other models that of course is fine too.
    I've only ever seen the VZs available online or at gun shows. Online won't work because of the need to actually feel a pattern before a decision is made and money laid out. As for shows, right now if I get time off over a weekend I'd much prefer to spend it actually shooting, not in an over-crowded convention center. esp. since this grip search is the only thing on my current list that I don't have a known non-show source for.

as always thank you for your time and any info you can provide
    Gun Zone Deals

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I sadly don't think so. I have searched for a year to find the set of VZs on my gun. I did find them at a show but it's probably best if you order them. They fall into three levels of grippyness the recons are the most grippy and feel intimidating but they don't tear your skin like skate tape. I have these and they work well but feel scary till you shoot them. Just get a solid grip before you draw because you can't squirm the gun once it's in your hand. The operators are a lot like them. The 320s? Are the least grippy and feel like a record player. All the others are in the middle and about the same. It's all looks at that point. That's the best I can do for you man. Got to bite the bullet. Feel free to call them as they are very friendly and helpful. VZ is good people!

trigger643

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2014
    Kingwood
    AMSS Gun Shop is a stocking dealer of VZ grips (in Houston, on Jones road). Their selection was a little thin when I was in there last week, but they had exactly the set I was looking for.

th_DSCN05461_zps29b6d563.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom