• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Where is the best place to buy an American made American Flag for hanging outside on my home? I think 3x5 is a good enough size and I would like to make sure the hardware is sturdy and has a way to lock the pole/flag down.

Any tips?
    Venture Surplus ad

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    My Texas flag that I bought at Ace-Hardware is made by Perma-Nyl. Made in the USA. You can try looking that company up on Amazon to get it a little cheaper. My American flag that I bought a few years ago has no markings on it that I can find, so I can't help you out there. But I'm sure Perma-Nyl makes American flags as well.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    If you want an honest to god, American made American flag that will last, and you're willing to pay a little more, look for an Annin (Anin?). A lot of American flags are made in China... what a disgrace! Annin has been making them here for over a century. They've even got a "mesh" (though you couldn't tell without looking up close) flag that is good for high winds because it let's the air blow through easier, thus reducing the wear and tear from the flag whipping. Annin flags also resist fading quite well. It will last a lifetime if stored properly (up in the morning, down at night, not out in the rain or properly dried if wet, etc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    If you want an honest to god, American made American flag that will last, and you're willing to pay a little more, look for an Annin (Anin?). A lot of American flags are made in China... what a disgrace! Annin has been making them here for over a century. They've even got a "mesh" (though you couldn't tell without looking up close) flag that is good for high winds because it let's the air blow through easier, thus reducing the wear and tear from the flag whipping. Annin flags also resist fading quite well. It will last a lifetime if stored properly (up in the morning, down at night, not out in the rain or properly dried if wet, etc).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This?

Amazon.com: Annin Tough-Tex Woven Polyester Replacement USA Flag, High Winds 3 by 5 Foot: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    When I was overseas, we could give the camp american flags that we wanted flown, and they would fly it for a day, then return it to you with a nice little commemorative letter. I wonder if I can just send a flag to the capitol? It'd be extra cool if I could get on the flag detail that day.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'd be interested in the hardware folks have found. We had three poles and four mounts on our house in 5 years...and that was AFTER moving the flag out of the prevailing winds! A couple of neighbors had a 2" pole and serious mount purchased from Costco7-8 years ago; but no such set-up was to be found when I went searching. Since we're in a townhouse now, I'll opt for the smaller flag, I reckon. Seems everything got downsized!

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    When I was overseas, we could give the camp american flags that we wanted flown, and they would fly it for a day, then return it to you with a nice little commemorative letter. I wonder if I can just send a flag to the capitol? It'd be extra cool if I could get on the flag detail that day.

Which capitol we talking about here Jeremy? Texas, I trust.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I'd be interested in the hardware folks have found. We had three poles and four mounts on our house in 5 years...and that was AFTER moving the flag out of the prevailing winds! A couple of neighbors had a 2" pole and serious mount purchased from Costco7-8 years ago; but no such set-up was to be found when I went searching. Since we're in a townhouse now, I'll opt for the smaller flag, I reckon. Seems everything got downsized!
    Try tractor supply. Or we have a flag manufacturer here in kyle.
    If you cant find what you want, i can go over there and get it.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Got mine from a busy street, getting ran over by everyone. I proudly wave that tire marked flag in the front of my house. The important thing is that you have it in front of your house.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Just keep in mind a 3'x5' flag is a school and business size flag that looks nice on a pole. Residential flags that are mounted on the side of the house are more commonly 2.5'x3'. You can mount the larger flag on your house but it might look oversized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freez

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just keep in mind a 3'x5' flag is a school and business size flag that looks nice on a pole. Residential flags that are mounted on the side of the house are more commonly 2.5'x3'. You can mount the larger flag on your house but it might look oversized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Freez

That's another part I need to figure out. Installing a legit flag pole or just mounting it on the front porch or garage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom