• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmedScubaSteve

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2023
    El Paso (915)
    Moved from New Mexico and since I've changed my drivers license over to Texas, I can no longer used my NM CHL. I've looked on the Texas DPS site but not sure if anyone can point me in the direction of a good LTC instructor in El Paso.
    Capitol Armory ad

ArmedScubaSteve

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2023
    El Paso (915)
    You might call Fort Bliss Rod & Gun Club and see if they have a list. You realize you don’t need one in TX if you are over 21.

You need one for certain businesses that restrict constitutional carry or open carry.

If you have an LTC you’re also allowed a bit of leniency on carrying into an airport through secure area (although I wouldn’t do this) and you’re allowed a bit of leniency if you carry where there is a 30.06 sign.

Code:
     These businesses will be required to post a 30.05 sign if they want to prohibit permitless carry. Please note that this “30.05” sign will only prohibit people who are carrying firearms without a permit on posted property. To prohibit a person with an LTC from carrying handguns onto posted property, businesses will still be required to post a “30.06 sign” (prohibiting concealed carry) and a “30.07 sign” (prohibiting open carry) in the same manner described above.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Hopefully they are answering their phone these days, was kind of bad for a while.

1677166076293.png

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Moved from New Mexico and since I've changed my drivers license over to Texas, I can no longer used my NM CHL. I've looked on the Texas DPS site but not sure if anyone can point me in the direction of a good LTC instructor in El Paso.
    Is that a new Mexico rule. Move outta state and license is canceled?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    No I just would assume I can’t use my New Mexico CHL since I no longer have a New Mexico drivers license. And since I am now a resident of Texas. Just doing that out of an abundance of caution.
    As long as it's active and a reciprocal agreement in place you can use it here.

The only detail is the fed gun free school zone act. And you can't bypass the background check.

Many of us kept our original states license. It's cheaper and easier to renue than Texas in many cases

ETA some states require you to be a resident of the state your license is issued in for the reciprocity, like Florida does or did till recently, but not texas.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    As long as it's active and a reciprocal agreement in place you can use it here.

The only detail is the fed gun free school zone act. And you can't bypass the background check.

Many of us kept our original states license. It's cheaper and easier to renue than Texas in many cases

ETA some states require you to be a resident of the state your license is issued in for the reciprocity, like Florida does or did till recently, but not texas.
    I live in NM and have a TX LTC. Only drawback I have found is that CO will not allow CC on a non resident license.

Top Bottom