• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozarka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    El Paso
    Can anybody in the area recommend a good private FFL to work with? I've heard good things about The Best Little Pawn Shop but I'm not sure how it's going to work out now that their hours are all over the place. Thanks.
    Texas SOT

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I know people that have used that pawn shop and were happy with them, but their google reviews during the china virus don't look good.

I've used Jams Customs, he's pretty good, charges $10 if you have a LTC. Also used Oliviera Firearms. He charges $25 with LTC. Haven't transferred anything since 2019, so you might want to call and ask if they are doing transfers right now. Both are kitchen table FFLs.

A friend had an AR transferred by a pawn shop in the northeast around Dyer couple years ago. He stopped by the Rod n Gun to pop off some rounds on the way home and had a lot of problems. When he got it home, it was obvious the BCG was used and abused.

He bought it from a quality vendor, so suspected the pawn shop screwed him by doing a switcheroo on the BCG. Vendor made it right either way. I don't remember which pawn shop it was, but I'd avoid any in that area just in case.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Can anybody in the area recommend a good private FFL to work with? I've heard good things about The Best Little Pawn Shop but I'm not sure how it's going to work out now that their hours are all over the place. Thanks.
    I must have missed your location.
    I used Cash Cow Pawn in Deer Park when I lived in La Porte. Decent folks. $10 for LTC holders. I also used a couple private, kitchen-table type FFL's in an attempt to support them, but the difficulty of coordinating pickup times became an issue.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    I have been using BLPS for a while already. The store manager/owner's name is David. Cool guy all around, but I agree that their hours are not set and it can be frustrating trying to meet with them. I call them each time before I head down there to make sure they are open so I don't waste the trip. It's $10 so I don't complain.

In the past, I have used Casa Navarro's in the NE side of town $25, and also Molon Abe $20 in the far east. Both were good and had no issues.

I recommend you find the closest one to you and check on their fees.
    They may charge a fee to share licencing information (if not already on file) and verify the pickup times and any rules they may have before you send your firearm there.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I’m on the west side of town, the closest ffl I like is L&L Firearms.
    Just over the mountain is West Texas Firearms.
    I also like Commando Armory farther East but a great gunsmith as well.

Last edited:

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    L&L firearms was a disappointment...suggest looking elsewhere.
    -- BR

i’ve only done a couple gunbroker transfers w/ them, which were easy. what happened w you, BR?

I dunno if Ozarka has been on again, should I edit out my recomendation?

moshow9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    El Paso
    I've had some transfers with Brian at West Texas Firearms (NE). Charges $25 for transfers and has flexible hours.

I've also gone through Edgar at All Star Firearms (Eastside). He charges $20 for transfers but last I heard is he might be taking a break so best to reach out to him.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    If my geography isn’t screwy, best little texas pawn shop (11min) & commando armory (15min) are nearest to Ft Bliss.

I haven’t transfered at Best Little Pawn Shop, but hear it’s the most affordable ($10).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom