Looking for CCW training ideas

Recoil Therapy

Apr 2, 2018
Texas
With the shortage of ammo, training time needs to be precise and conservative: each shot must have training value. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas for training sessions that involve maybe 50 to 100 shots while focusing on:

- clearing the cover garment and holster
- draw
- shot placement

I'm thinking of the bill drill against a timer, but any other ideas are welcome.

BuzzinSATX

Dec 20, 2013
New Braunfels
With the shortage of ammo, training time needs to be precise and conservative: each shot must have training value. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas for training sessions that involve maybe 50 to 100 shots while focusing on:

- clearing the cover garment and holster
- draw
- shot placement

I'm thinking of the bill drill against a timer, but any other ideas are welcome.
What is your carry gun? If there is an air gun equivalent, get one and train with that.

I have a Umarex Glock 19 Co2 BB gun that I use in my yard and garage. Works with my carry holster. 25 CO2 cartridges and 5000 BB’s cost under $30 and will provide fun and training to draw and shoot for months!

Can’t train malfunction or reload drills, but great for drawing and shooting drills. Accuracy is fine inside 7 yards.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads