• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Does anybody know where I can find a purse built for concealing a handgun? My wife really wants one for Chrstmas. Needs to be able to stash a G26....any tips on who sells them would be much appreciated.
    Capitol Armory ad

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Here are a couple more sites:

Leather*Concealment*Purses*-*Handbags*::*Western*Leather*Handbags*-...

Concealment Purses - Magills.com (I'll leave the link, but they were about 30% higher for exact same item as the copsplus)

I just searched: pistol concealment purse

Hey, good luck. I could not possibly pick a purse for my wife. I can hardly dress myself to her standards.....LOL.

Maybe look at what purses she normally uses, then try to find something similar in color, style, and size.

Shoot....my wife has a chl........I bet she'd love to have one for Christmas. Man, you might of just given me the mother of all good Christmas gift ideas!

MrsFosforos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    What women look for in a purse is so subjective, you might take the safe route and consider giving her a gift card toward the purchase and let her pick one out for herself.

MOST concealed carry purses are in a word - U G L Y.

The two sites that have the most attractive purses I've seen are Galco and Coronado leather -- but they ain't cheap and even so, most of them are even "old lady" looking.

You get brownie points for thinking of it, but I'd take the safe route and GO WITH HER shopping for one you know she would like or go with the gift card!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    My wife caught me looking at them last night.........so I just let her pick it out. It won't be a surprise, but neither will my electronic ear muffs. Sometimes it's best to get some input so the person gets what they will most enjoy. She'll still get a few surprises.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Central Police Supply in Houston use to have them. I spent alot of money on one for my wife who seldom used it, before throwing it away. I think purses are something best left for the end-user to pick out.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Central Police Supply in Houston use to have them. I spent alot of money on one for my wife who seldom used it, before throwing it away. I think purses are something best left for the end-user to pick out.

I tend to agree. I was hoping she would give me a picture of what she wants and let me find it. Now I am thinking that giving her my credit card will be easier.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    My mom has a pretty slick handbag. It is kinda small and has a wrist strap on it. The wrist strap actually connects to a pistol hidden in the end. If she, or a bad guy, were to pull the other end of the bag, the pistol ends up perfectly in her hand. It has a .38 revolver in it and I don't know if a semi would work, but I am sure there is something similar.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My mom has a pretty slick handbag. It is kinda small and has a wrist strap on it. The wrist strap actually connects to a pistol hidden in the end. If she, or a bad guy, were to pull the other end of the bag, the pistol ends up perfectly in her hand. It has a .38 revolver in it and I don't know if a semi would work, but I am sure there is something similar.

Sounds cool, I'll keep my eye out for those.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Aren't you boys taking notes???

MrsFosforos nailed the answer right here. As a lady, I concur the suggestion.

If you want to make it a snazzy surprise, include a nice/cute note to tell her what that card is for. Come up with some cheeseball goof-in-love way to tell her she'd do a better job of picking out what she needs because as far as you got was 'gun-purse'. Include that want to go together to pick it out (VERY IMPORTANT! Otherwise she hears 'here's a gift card because I was lazy'). Then make puppy-dog eyes at her when she's reading it and she'll go all "awwwwwww" on you

What women look for in a purse is so subjective, you might take the safe route and consider giving her a gift card toward the purchase and let her pick one out for herself.

MOST concealed carry purses are in a word - U G L Y.

The two sites that have the most attractive purses I've seen are Galco and Coronado leather -- but they ain't cheap and even so, most of them are even "old lady" looking.

You get brownie points for thinking of it, but I'd take the safe route and GO WITH HER shopping for one you know she would like or go with the gift card!

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    Well,
    I figgured after 26 years of marital bliss
    not to mention bein' drug to every purveyor of purses known to man
    bein' required to sift thru mountains of purses in search of a purse remarkably like the one I got
    ( black, outside pocket for CrackBerry, outside pocket for Cell, wide strap, but not too long, heavy leather )
    I thought it would be OK to buy this one.

If that don't work
    the spankin' new 9 mm Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II™ inside
    might buy me a little forgiveness.

But I'm not totally ignorant,
    I will beg forgiveness for presuming to select a purse
    tell her I only got this one to do her until SHE can find the right one
    an give her my AMEX an the link to Coronado Leather.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Well,
    I figgured after 26 years of marital bliss
    not to mention bein' drug to every purveyor of purses known to man
    bein' required to sift thru mountains of purses in search of a purse remarkably like the one I got
    ( black, outside pocket for CrackBerry, outside pocket for Cell, wide strap, but not too long, heavy leather )
    I thought it would be OK to buy this one.

If that don't work
    the spankin' new 9 mm Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II™ inside
    might buy me a little forgiveness.

But I'm not totally ignorant,
    I will beg forgiveness for presuming to select a purse
    tell her I only got this one to do her until SHE can find the right one
    an give her my AMEX an the link to Coronado Leather.

Heck! You could give ME a purse, and if there was a Kimber inside I would
    thank you and not even look for another one!

sv6er

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    I'd seriously consider finding a holster and sewing it into a purse she likes.

Or something like this:

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum3464.php

You could have all her purses velcro'd up, and she can put the holster in whichever one matches her fingernail polish that day, or whatever the hell goes into that decision making process.

Top Bottom