• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    This is the website that I asked academy sports and outdoors to price match to. They beat the 429.99 price tag by 5%, then after the state sales tax it ended up as 442$. It's still cheaper than buying online if you add in FFL transfer fees. I'm willing to bet if you wait a bit more, the price on these sport ii's might even dip below 400$ on sales.
    Wow! Academy is advertising the Sport II for $599.99 and calling it a hot deal, lol. I didn't know they would price match like that.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/smith--wesson-mp15-sport-ii-55mm-nato-semiautomatic-rifle
    Hurley's Gold

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    This is the website that I asked academy sports and outdoors to price match to. They beat the 429.99 price tag by 5%, then after the state sales tax it ended up as 442$. It's still cheaper than buying online if you add in FFL transfer fees. I'm willing to bet if you wait a bit more, the price on these sport ii's might even dip below 400$ on sales.
    Nice... but I'm surprised they did that. Academy's policy is supposed to cover only "select online retailers", which includes "Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Carter's Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart." See here: https://academy.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/709 One time I tried to get my local Academy to price match Amazon, and the lady at the customer service counter told me they don't match Amazon. I had to show her that link above, and she checked with the manager before okaying the match.

Excellent buy for a first AR, btw. S&W has excellent customer service. I would keep upgrades to a minimum, especially on a budget rifle, and put the funds toward a 2nd AR. We all know once you own one, building/buying more is not far behind.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Nice... but I'm surprised they did that. Academy's policy is supposed to cover only "select online retailers", which includes "Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela's, Carter's Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart." See here: https://academy.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/709 One time I tried to get my local Academy to price match Amazon, and the lady at the customer service counter told me they don't match Amazon. I had to show her that link above, and she checked with the manager before okaying the match.

Excellent buy for a first AR, btw. S&W has excellent customer service. I would keep upgrades to a minimum, especially on a budget rifle, and put the funds toward a 2nd AR. We all know once you own one, building/buying more is not far behind.

Let's just say the specific Academy I got it from, the manager doesn't know what he's doing is actually against corporate policy. I've bought many guns from this specific store after making them price match what I find on the internet. It was blind luck that I bumped into this store that didn't know what they're doing. I've called up a few other Academies around town and all of them say they won't price match unless the retailer is listed in the list you provided above.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I got the Vortex Sparc AR red dot + the above furniture for the Sport II. This is as far as I'm willing to upgrade an entry level AR15. Next AR will be built with better parts from the get go.

Is the A2 birdcage muzzle device worth upgrading?

Last edited:

Samuel Cruz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2017
    Florida, USA
    My first AR was 300 AAC 14.5" Blackout Ballistic AR-15 kit worth $400
    14.5-ar-15-300-aac-blackout-ballistic-advantage-keymod-tactical-pistol-kit-14.5-300-aac-blackout-ar-15-quad-tactical-kit-600x600.png

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I got the Vortex Sparc AR red dot + the above furniture for the Sport II. This is as far as I'm willing to upgrade an entry level AR15. Next AR will be built with better parts from the get go.

No, not unless you're planning on using a suppressor . . . in which case, you might want to pick the muzzle device that goes with whatever suppressor you've selected (assuming it's not just a thread-on can).

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

What's wrong with the brake on it? Or is it just not cool enough?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Trying to find out if there are other options. Seems brake upgrade would make the gun a lot louder.

I ended up getting a mlok vertical grip as well. The gun should be cool enough now.
    I just have the regular birdcage that came with my Windham. It is very accurate and to me if it doesn't help the reliability or accuracy it's just about cool factor. the other furniture is more about comfort in shooting, but if suppressors weren't NFA items I would be looking to make mine quieter, not louder.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    First AR? Just get a Ruger or S&W basic one at dirt cheap prices now, shoot the snot out of it and save up once you know what you want since the implication is there will be a 2nd AR. I am moderately conservative, I only have 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swarf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    1st AR lets you find out first-hand what you like and don't like, so you can build your 2nd AR closer to exactly the way you like it. And from there, 3rd, 4th, 5th...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom