• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    I have been to corpus a few times with my buddies on fishing trips, but never with my family. Other than the basic toruist spots, what other good places are there in Corpus to visit and do some shopping? Does Corpus have a flea market of some sorts?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Ha, the whole town is a flea market!

Lots of good eats:
    - Snoopy's is way cool
    - Water Street Oyster Bar
    - Little restaurant in front of Days Inn where Selena was shot on Navigation Blvd (Good/Cheap breakfast tacos)

Not sure what you're family's ages are, but like was mentioned above the aquarium is really neat and not overcrowded like Sea World. There's also Greyhound racing. I'd plan to spend some time just chillin' on the beach though. Doing nothing at all is underrated.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    The greyhound track is simulcast only now. Both dogs and horses. The Trade Center is open on the weekends. It's an indoor flea market that gets crazy crowded. Be mindful of your vehicle if you go to any tourist spots like the aquarium. Lots of cars have been broken into in that parking lot. The Lexington is a must see. If you want good fresh seafood, head south to Rivera. There's a place on Baffin Bay called King's Inn. Market style and all fresh. It's an hour drive from Corpus but worth it. If you go the other way towards Rockport, hit Charlotte Plummer. It's another good place for seafood in my opinion. Pack light jackets that you can shed easily, it is always windy in Corpus. If you head to the island, go to the Mustang Island State Park. Its the third right on Mustang Island (state hwy 361) I believe. You'll pay to get in but your family will appreciate the clean restrooms. Have fun!

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Besides the obvious.....Padre Island.....Mustang Island....National Seashore.... you could catch a minor baseball game(CC Hooks) at Whataburger Field..... always great family fun....if you go on Friday evening, fireworks show after the game.....

NoLove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Corpus Christi
    Can always check out a Hooks minor league baseball game, a Rays minor league hockey game, a Hammerheads arena football game, OR soon to start is the Lingerie Football. Also the city is soon to have a Schlitterbahn water park built by WHataburger Field.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Bumpin an old one cuz it's not worth a new thread.

Where is the good seafood or pasta here?

Anyone up for dinner tomorrow?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Port Arthur? That's a little far. ;)

Maybe not tomorrow but I'm here at least twice a year so lay it on me.

Nothing ridiculous on price but for a good meal and atmosphere I'll pony up a little more.

Top Bottom