Looking for G17 IWB holster and belt worries.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Right now I'm using some $12~ very adjustable belt off amazon, it's about 1.3" loop width and 1/16" thick. I've bought a Cloak Tuck 3.5 and I'm not sure about it. I'm trying to carry my G17 G4. I think I've found out how to carry it without printing too much, but I need to go shopping for better fitting clothes... Better fitting jeans have been on the list for a long time. (I know I could carry a smaller gun, the thing is my hands are bigger and I don't really like shooting my shield 9mm-Taurus 605 because of it. It's hard to use the palm of my finger)

I guess I'll talk about the belt part first. I'm scared to buy a $80~ belt and then find out it doesn't fit my waist properly, or it ends up stretching and then not fitting well. Maybe the holes will be too loose then the next is so tight that it's unreachable. Can anyone recommend a very adjustable nylon 1.5" belt for carry? That's a bit cheaper too or something similar to that?

I've got the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5. I'm thinking I'm going to buy a 2nd holster to compare, but not sure what. The current issue with this 3.5 is that the steel core will not let the holster flex... or maybe it's the way the kydex is much bigger then the gun. This makes 3 o clock impossible. On my 29"~ waist the holster is somewhere in the 4:30-5 o-clock position. It still leaves gaps but I found I can tighten my belt a bit more and it removes some of the gap and gets the magazine closer to my back, but then the belt digs into my hips.

I'm not sure if I want to get the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck Old Fashioned or one of Vedder's holsters. Thing is Vedder is a bit more expensive and I'm not sure on their build times. Their light tuck looks minimal. I've checked out where the gun would fit, without a holster and it hides pretty well. It's just the task of finding a holster that will allow it to work like that. I'm kinda leaning towards a Vedder Light Tuck, for that reason. But then I will definitely need a different belt for that holster though.

Thanks for any input and recommendations of holster and belts,
    Higgins909
    Target Sports

sisupower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    Right now I'm using some $12~ very adjustable belt off amazon, it's about 1.3" loop width and 1/16" thick. I've bought a Cloak Tuck 3.5 and I'm not sure about it. I'm trying to carry my G17 G4. I think I've found out how to carry it without printing too much, but I need to go shopping for better fitting clothes... Better fitting jeans have been on the list for a long time. (I know I could carry a smaller gun, the thing is my hands are bigger and I don't really like shooting my shield 9mm-Taurus 605 because of it. It's hard to use the palm of my finger)

I guess I'll talk about the belt part first. I'm scared to buy a $80~ belt and then find out it doesn't fit my waist properly, or it ends up stretching and then not fitting well. Maybe the holes will be too loose then the next is so tight that it's unreachable. Can anyone recommend a very adjustable nylon 1.5" belt for carry? That's a bit cheaper too or something similar to that?

I've got the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5. I'm thinking I'm going to buy a 2nd holster to compare, but not sure what. The current issue with this 3.5 is that the steel core will not let the holster flex... or maybe it's the way the kydex is much bigger then the gun. This makes 3 o clock impossible. On my 29"~ waist the holster is somewhere in the 4:30-5 o-clock position. It still leaves gaps but I found I can tighten my belt a bit more and it removes some of the gap and gets the magazine closer to my back, but then the belt digs into my hips.

I'm not sure if I want to get the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck Old Fashioned or one of Vedder's holsters. Thing is Vedder is a bit more expensive and I'm not sure on their build times. Their light tuck looks minimal. I've checked out where the gun would fit, without a holster and it hides pretty well. It's just the task of finding a holster that will allow it to work like that. I'm kinda leaning towards a Vedder Light Tuck, for that reason. But then I will definitely need a different belt for that holster though.

Thanks for any input and recommendations of holster and belts,
    Higgins909

Check out red republic tactical.
    http://redrepublictactical.com?afmc=1e

Click this link and buy a great gun belt. I’m a brand ambassador for them use code Sisu_power for 10% if your purchase. Great belt for edc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    For the belt, since you want nylon, galco has a wilderness belt. Infinitely adjustable throughout it's size range with an internal stiffener. I've had one for at least 4 years and still holding up well.

For the holster look at comptac minatour. With your size you may want to consider an appendix carry such as by Dale Fricke as another option.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    You are going to have a difficult time concealing a G17 comfortably; I am an advocate of crossbreed belts, they give detailed measurement instructions online; you could always go to crossbreed seconds and order a slightly imperfect belt and save about $20-$30.

Sent from my iPhone with a general disregard for the masses

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    I appendix carry a G19 and have trouble concealing. I have a Vedder IWB and the build quality is great. However, I feel like it’s easier to conceal when using my Raven Vanguard. You’ll probably have to buy several holsters to finally find what works best.

sisupower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    I also carry a G19. AIWB I use bravo concealment torsion holster. Works great and comfortable! Pretty easy to conceal

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    I’ve got the alien gear cloak tuck 3.0 for my s&w shield and G19. Are there better rigs??.... maybe. For my budget, they work well. As for belts, some wise TGT member suggested Hank’s Belts. I was taken a back by the prices. But waited for one of their frequent sales and took the plunge. Got a 1-1/2 leather belt specifically for cc. Three years later, it’s solid as a rock. Every day wear with heavy usage. Liked it so much, bought another one recently(different color). It was an LTP(less than perfect) with even greater discount and just like brand new, nothing wrong with it. Both will last for many years. Is there better out there??...... maybe. I’m happy with all my purchases.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Having worn the holster in this link - https://www.whitehatholsters.com/maxclip-hybrid-iwb-holster-obsidian-series/ - or a minor variant of it, for many years, I find it very functional and comfortable. This was originally made for me as a between the pant and belt holster and works perfectly like that or as an IWB. The second of these is for a G19 G4 and the first is for a pistol I no longer carry.

As for the leather belt. Like you, I was a bit hesitant to spend close to $100 on a hunk of leather that most likely wouldn't work. Man, I was WRONG! Contact a leather holster and or belt maker that talk to them about your misgivings and wants, etc. and let them make what will work for you. This guy - http://jeffreycustomleather.com/ - has made me multiple holsters and my current belt. I'm very impressed with it. The 3/4" holes, as apposed to the standard 1" allow for a more comfortable snugness. And the weight distribution of a well made leather belt can't be beat. I've been wearing it for real close to two years, six to seven days a week and have yet to notice anything more than minor stretching.

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    Check out red republic tactical.
    http://redrepublictactical.com?afmc=1e

Click this link and buy a great gun belt. I’m a brand ambassador for them use code Sisu_power for 10% if your purchase. Great belt for edc

I ended up getting a 1.5" EDC with cobra buckle. This thing is like a spaceship and took me a few to figure it out and still not sure if I'm wearing correctly. With no holster/gun I think I ordered 1 size to big sadly. Think I'm gunna just go with it and try to fatten/muscle up a bit. I'm confused on how it's supposed to be adjusted when the velcro is under the belt loops? My main problem is that it's hurting the front of my hips, every step I take. Tension doesn't seem to be helping. Is this something I'm going to have to get used to, or am I doing something wrong?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I saw one at NRAAM. It's similar to an airline seat belt buckle, just made for your belt. Interesting design really.

sisupower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    I ended up getting a 1.5" EDC with cobra buckle. This thing is like a spaceship and took me a few to figure it out and still not sure if I'm wearing correctly. With no holster/gun I think I ordered 1 size to big sadly. Think I'm gunna just go with it and try to fatten/muscle up a bit. I'm confused on how it's supposed to be adjusted when the velcro is under the belt loops? My main problem is that it's hurting the front of my hips, every step I take. Tension doesn't seem to be helping. Is this something I'm going to have to get used to, or am I doing something wrong?

Adjusting it will take putting on and taking it off a few times. Adjust it with a gun iwb so it’s not to tight. As for your hips it maybe to tight. It’s a stiff belt and that’s what you want to carry the weight and distribute it over the belt. I had to get used to wearing a stiff belt and now I don’t even notice it. The cobra buckle is a excellent buckle. Very strong buckle system!!

Top Bottom