• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    The Round Rock gun show is tomorrow and I'm looking for some general info on gun shows. First off, I don't think I'm going to buy a gun yet. It cost $10 to get in. Should I even go since I can go other places and look at guns for free? What kind of sellers are there? Do they sell new or used? What if there is a problem with a used gun? Do they take visa or what? I'd love to see some cheap 9mm glocks from a police program or something.

These are all the questions I can remember for now.

Thanks,
    Higgins909
    DK Firearms

stevejlarson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Round Rock gun show is tomorrow and I'm looking for some general info on gun shows. First off, I don't think I'm going to buy a gun yet. It cost $10 to get in. Should I even go since I can go other places and look at guns for free? What kind of sellers are there? Do they sell new or used? What if there is a problem with a used gun? Do they take visa or what? I'd love to see some cheap 9mm glocks from a police program or something.

These are all the questions I can remember for now.

Thanks,
    Higgins909

Gun shows are a great way place to look at guns, knives, accessories and all kinds of firearms and sporting equipment. Don't think you're going to find tremendous deals, because you won't. It's not a garage sale, more Luke a flea market. But if it's a large show, you'll get to handle every type of handguns and long guns imaginable. Very informative if you're on the hunt for that perfect gun for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    you will see more guns in one spot than any one shop will have.

there are private sellers and shops at the shows.

You can find new and used.

You might be able to find a cheap 9mm but you will have to haggle.

as far as problems with used guns well its used kind of like a car you need to know what you are looking at and I doubt you will get much of a warranty

I would bet 90 percent of places have access to you using your credit card.

If I was looking for a used glock or police trade in I think my first stop would be GT Distributors in Austin.

Is it worth the 10 bucks well if you like to look at and fondle firearms then you will get your 10 bucks of feel good out of it.

if you check the facebook page or get on the mailing list you can save a buck.

The code word for this show is shotgun if you say that to the cashier you can get in for 9.

Prepare for a hard time parking if you dont go real early like 30 min before they open or if you know the area you can park other places.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The merchandise will be 85% new guns, and you get to see/feel them hands on. There will also be a bunch of unrelated stuff like jewelry and beef jerky, and much accosting to join this club or that insurance and to donate to this cause or that.
    Prices for new guns are generally quite a bit higher than on budsgunshop and grabagun.
    There's gonna be a table of nazi stuff right in front, and dealers will unashamedly sell Jimenez Arms pot metal guns next to a Dan Wesson.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    The merchandise will be 85% new guns, and you get to see/feel them hands on. There will also be a bunch of unrelated stuff like jewelry and beef jerky, and much accosting to join this club or that insurance and to donate to this cause or that.
    Prices for new guns are generally quite a bit higher than on budsgunshop and grabagun.
    There's gonna be a table of nazi stuff right in front, and dealers will unashamedly sell Jimenez Arms pot metal guns next to a Dan Wesson.

It's almost like you've been at all the same gun shows I have.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    It's almost like you've been at all the same gun shows I have.

I've been to a few ;)

There will also be some over the hill girl with her tits hanging out selling god knows what, I never found out.

What I don't see so much in Texas that I've seen in Colorado is the conspiracy guys. No Bo Gritz, no Randy Weaver, no Koresh's brother...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I found that it's easier to haggle prices at the end of the last day of a show. I don't always buy at a show, but I often find things I like and then search the internet to find a deal. As others have said, you can find things there that you don't see at stores.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I went to a small one last weekend. All guns were about 25% higher than I could buy elsewhere. I pointed out one to my wife that I own and the guy asked if I was interested. I mentioned owning it already and he ask what I paid which was $100 less. He just kind of grumbled and said those other places make their profit on volume and he doesn't. Sorry excuse to be overpriced.

It was fun to play with several guns I might purchase in the future. Easier to handle when on a table versus asking some salesperson behind a counter to pull out individuals guns at a brick and mortar store. Some older/vintage firearms were fun to look at too. We did find one vendor that sold leather items and seemed upfront and honest. I bought a nice wallet from him at a decent price.

I honestly didn't go with the intent of buying anything. Just being a kid in a candy store.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I've always enjoyed going to gun shows if just for the experience. In addition to the perks already mentioned, it's fun talking to the attendees and vendors about our shared love for firearms. My eldest son, now 20, has been my constant companion so I really appreciate spending time with him. When he was younger, he actually knew a lot about weapons from online gaming!

Plus, as stated it's tough to find such a variety of guns and accessories in one place.

Slick Guns has an app that allows you to scan the UPC code on a firearm and it shows the available prices online. It makes for a good comparison tool when shopping and could even be used in the bargaining process.

Have a great time, I was thinking about driving up for the Round Rock show but I am still recovering from my recent trip to the Middle East. Say 'Hi!' to Michelle and Tim (the promoters) for me if you see them!

Cheers! M2

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    My daughter and I hit the RR Premier show today. Same show as always and that is a good thing. I always enjoy that show.

Good variety and selection.
    I went yesterday as well. Great selection and took me nearly 3 hours to browse through it all. I left with 20 bucks in meat sticks.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    There were a few good deals. Prices on new HKs and Gen 5 Glocks were about avg. One dealer had a good condition HK USP40 Tactical with tall adjustable night sights for only $750. That's a smoking price but it was a .40, had it been a .45 or 9mm I would haz it. Tons of AR pattern rifles.

I walked out with an Accuracy International rifle, price was pretty decent for the options it came with.

Last edited:

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I ended up not going. Yesterday I was only supposed to lay down for a few seconds but ended up taking a nap. Then today I ended up doing some of the things I wanted to do yesterday.

How much are gen 5's? I seen a G17 gen? at academy for $450~ (bad memory...)
    3 hours? dang. How populated was it? Went to academy sports to look at kayaks and headed to the gun section because it was like 3 aisles over. I very much got the kid at a candy store feeling. I want to go back, lol.

Maybe the next show.

Top Bottom