• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I thought of gun broker but i think most prices on that site are inflated.
    Some other highly recommend Blue Book of Gun values but not me. I have had a subscription to Blue Book online for several years now. I am thinking of dumping them because THEY SUCK at pricing firearms. Their prices are often so far off from what the guns actually sell for as to make their pricing guide absolutely ridiculous (and that was well prior to all this frenzied buying of the last year or so). I think one of your best bets is to do an advanced search on GunBroker - which means you need a GunBroker account or can get someone with an account to run the search for you. The advanced search let's you know what particular guns have sold for over the last year. I note you said you think GunBroker prices are inflated. By using the advanced search for completed sales, you are checking on the prices at which the guns actually sold. Those prices are fact - they are not inflated asking prices - those are the prices at which they actually have been selling. That makes GunBroker's advanced search an excellent reference.
    ARJ Defense ad

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Like mentioned, your planned use makes a big difference. .257 Robert is a nice round but can be good or bad to find ammo. Of course, all ammo is hard now, and .257 may actually be easier to find than 30.06

If I were given one of them, the easy choice is the .308, which is a good all around caliber and typically easiest to find ammo for...and typically the cheapest to shoot as well.

The 30.06 does anything/everything the others will do except maybe be a good coyote gun if you are hunting fur...then the .243 would be my choice.

I already have a savage and a couple of ar10 pattern rifles in 308 so i am considering making an offer on one of the other calibers. 30.06 is a possibility but that. 243 sounds like a better option.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I already have a savage and a couple of ar10 pattern rifles in 308 so i am considering making an offer on one of the other calibers. 30.06 is a possibility but that. 243 sounds like a better option.

Based on this post, I’d select the .243.

It’s a great round.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Hi folks,

I got a question for y'all. Do y'all know of any online resources that can give me an idea of what a particular gun should be worth.

I have some family who are having an estate sale for some guns that are new in box unfired, some of which i know are valuable, and i was wanting to know what they might be worth.

I thought of gun broker but i think most prices on that site are inflated.

Thanks everyone.

look at sold prices on the various websites, for exotic or high end stuff Collectors Firearms in Houston has an online appraisal service (costs dollars)

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    List it on Gunbroker starting at a penny with no reserve. Let it run for 7 or 9 days. People will let you know how much they think its worth. I've been listing some estate guns that way and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Smart

Top Bottom