• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    I have a Armory USA AK that needs the sights adjusted. I bought the sight tool but could not get the sight to budge. I'd rather have somebody that knows better than me get it dead on. Can anybody recommend somebody in the Austin area?
    Texas SOT

NewTxn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    I have a Armory USA AK that needs the sights adjusted. I bought the sight tool but could not get the sight to budge. I'd rather have somebody that knows better than me get it dead on. Can anybody recommend somebody in the Austin area?

For something that simple you should be able to get it taken care of for cheap/free. Try soaking the front sight drum in penetrating oil overnight and then try the sight tool again. Make sure the drum is properly aligned with the cut-out for it in the sight tool when you try to move it.

If that doesn't work you could probably bring it in to a g-smith and have them look at it to see if it's a simple fix.

goodfellas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    San Antonio
    Don't be afraid to do anything on it. Its an AK it is kinda difficult to hurt it bad. Soak it in oil then don't be afraid to really use your sight tool.

Pocketfisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Go to an office supply store and get some of the canned compressed air they use for cleaning screens, cameras, etc. If you turn the can upside down, the propellant that comes out makes a nice "Freeze" spray. Hit the sight with a few shots of that as you try to move it. It will shrink enough from the chill to loosen and move.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    that's a damn good idea. ive been spenidng the extra cash for circuit chiller at radioshack for that purpose. although it does work beautifully
    that sounds a mite cheaper

polyaldo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Try "Blakcjack" Gunsmith, ask for AJ, He is a very good gunsmith, I do recomend him, exelent job, short time.
    512-450-3535

Top Bottom